Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ally spirits and aid power question
SentineloftheMou...
post Aug 27 2004, 04:51 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,556

In MITS pg 108 the aid power for an ally spirit/familiar can be used to add the spirit's force in dice for the purpose of Drain and any of it's master's Magical Skill Tests for a turn.

Does this mean any time a mage uses a magical skill like Sorcery or Enchanting or Aura Reading for example the mage can add the ally spirit's aid power dice to the skill roll??

I am wondering about the ramifications of how this will affect a mage learning a new spell (Sorcery Test), designing and enchanting foci (Enchanting Test), or reading/assensing an area for information (Aura Reading).

A mage in my campaign is considering taking an initiation with the familiar ordeal, so in the long term of the game (especially during training downtime) this seems like a very powerful way to develop a mage character.

May I viewing this right and if so how would you handle it in your game??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
prettz
post Aug 27 2004, 05:14 PM
Post #2

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,580

I'd say that the ally spirit can't help in the Enchanting and Aura Reading tests, but for the live of me I can't come up with a reason why I think that :(

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Aug 27 2004, 06:34 PM
Post #3

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

you are correct. an ally spirit using the aid power acts something like a power focus.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:53 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.