IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dragonfly Spirits, A forgotten Insect Totem?
Omer Joel
post Sep 19 2004, 07:03 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 265

I was thumbing through Double Exposure when I suddenly re-discovcered something interesting: the parasytical Dragonfly Larvae, used by a UB subsidery corp in the process of waste processing. They are used to keep metahuman victims alive so that a toxic spirit could channel the industrial waste from soil and water into the poor victims' bodies.

These hideous buggers resemble mosquito larvae the size of a large dog, with serrated mandibles  and a taste for Human flesh. They are dual beings and have more intelligence than the avarage troll.

The interesting thing about them is that they mix the characteristics of both a Flesh Form and a True Form - They are supposed to be "dual beings", yet have a seperate astral reaction and have the letter A after their Essence - signifying that they are Astral beings; they have the powers/weaknesses of a True Form yet have no Force attribute and no Immunity to Normal Weapons as True Forms (as spirits) usually have.

I was thinking of using them in my upcomming Bug City campaign, and I wonder if any of you have written a detailed description of this Insect Spirit "breed". If not, I'll write it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daddy's Litt...
post Sep 19 2004, 07:28 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,668

interesting slip in their editing. let us know how it works.

+Quote Post
iPad
post Sep 19 2004, 07:57 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,671

Dragonflies are one of the deadliest insects out there (insect to most creatures wise..) figures they would be pritty nasty as bug spirits. Way back when they used to be a hundred times bigger....

+Quote Post
Fygg Nuuton
post Sep 19 2004, 09:01 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,989

avast i don't be rememberin any stats for the dragonfly spirits, but the scurvy dogs should be plenty dangerous. anyone who be havin cross words can walk the plank.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Shev
post Sep 20 2004, 10:57 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,949

Looks like Fygg knew that the 19th was Talk Like a Pirate Day :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:45 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.