Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Astral Pool, when can it be used?
Brazila
post Sep 27 2004, 07:57 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,278

So far my SR group has went with being able to use your astral pool as long as you were in someway active on the astral plane. This has resulted in group mages (basically my character) astrally perceiving whenever they summon/spellcast. This gives them their astral pool as a bonus for most of these rolls. I am taking over the wheel at being the primary GM, and am thinking about adjusting the way we use this. I am considering saying that the astral pool represents the stronger connection that an intiate has to the astral plane, and is only available when they are projecting astrally and there is nothing hindering that connection. So I guess my question is when do you think the astral pool should be usable, when projecting only or should perceiving count too?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mfb
post Sep 27 2004, 08:08 PM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

sounds like an okay use of the pool to me.

+Quote Post
RedmondLarry
post Sep 27 2004, 08:12 PM
Post #3

Senior GM

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 4,442

It's only available when Astral Projecting.

It can not be used for Sorcery or Conjuring, or any other Magical Skill Tests. (MITS.58)

It's available at EACH place when performing an Astral Quest. (Top-right paragraph on MITS.93)

+Quote Post
mfb
post Sep 27 2004, 08:20 PM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

oh, haha, yeah. it's right there in black and white, in the third sentence under Astral Abilities--it can be used for any test except Magical Skill tests.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:37 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.