IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weird eBay listing -- anyone able to ID this?
the_dunner
post Oct 6 2004, 01:49 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

Heyas folks, I was taking my morning perusal through eBay when I spotted what's supposedly an odd Shadowrun item. It's listed as Shadowrun and Battletech pins. I clicked through expecting to see some of the old GenCon pins. Instead I found a weird pic and two items described as unfinished "puter" pins.

I don't mean to promote the auction -- it's not mine and I don't know the guy. But, I'm curious as hell as to what these are. So, here's the link:

Weird Pins

Any guesses? I can't even figure out why someone would think these were Shadowrun items. The comments describe one as "The Shadowrun Shield." Anybody got an art reference to that? I looked at the guys other stuff and he's selling some Virtual World items, so maybe that's the tie in. (He's located in Chicago too. Perhaps this guy is ex-FASA?)

If anyone's able to puzzle these out, I appreciate your help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Botch
post Oct 6 2004, 02:15 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,538

I think its meant to be pewter not puter. It look like pewter on my screen, but the battletech reference is triggering a bell not SR.

+Quote Post
Sijal
post Oct 6 2004, 02:22 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 6,640

The wings with skull and crosbones is from Crimson skies.

The other on I'm not sure

+Quote Post
winterhawk11
post Oct 6 2004, 02:36 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 864

The other one, I believe, is also a Battletech pin (one of the clans? I'm not familiar with BT). I have this pin--it looks like a dragon-headed snake-bodied creature coiled back and forth around a triangular base. I don't remember what the triangle looks like because the pin is stored away somewhere. It was given out at Gen Con maybe three or four years ago. It's a cool pin, but not Shadowrun.

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Oct 6 2004, 02:47 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Thanks folks! :D

+Quote Post
Rock-Steady
post Oct 6 2004, 07:31 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE (winterhawk11 @ Oct 6 2004, 02:36 PM)
The other one, I believe, is also a Battletech pin (one of the clans? I'm  not familiar with BT). I have this pin--it looks like a dragon-headed snake-bodied creature coiled back and forth around a triangular base. I don't remember what the triangle looks like because the pin is stored away somewhere. It was given out at Gen Con maybe three or four years ago. It's a cool pin, but not Shadowrun.

Could be the pin of Rasalhague. So its Battletech.

Pic of Rasalhague Logo

+Quote Post
mfb
post Oct 6 2004, 07:44 PM
Post #7

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

seems like a lot of places get BattleTech and Shadowrun mixed up. i know Amazon has several times in the past.

+Quote Post
winterhawk11
post Oct 7 2004, 04:23 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Could be the pin of Rasalhague. So its Battletech.

Nope, that's not quite what it looks like. I dug it out of storage and took a picture of it: Here is a more up-close (albeit a bit blurry) pic of the pin. I was wrong--it wasn't a triangle, it was a diamond. Hope this helps.

+Quote Post
snowRaven
post Oct 7 2004, 11:27 PM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Member No.: 4,516

I have a pin very much like that one (diamond and dragon, that is) - I got it free with an order from Stiggybaby.com, I can't remember what kind of packaging it came in, but I believe it was stated to be a shadowrun thing. Might even have been in an SR miniatures pack...

+Quote Post
Quix
post Oct 8 2004, 02:08 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,764

Just dug through Warden Clans and Crusader clans for BT. It's none of those. I suppose it could be something from the inner sphere but I've never seen it before.

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Oct 8 2004, 03:46 AM
Post #11

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

It doesn't match anything recorded here.
If it is Battletech, it would have to be a specific unit of a larger organization or some other obscure group.

Are there any detailed factions in Crimson Skies?

+Quote Post
winterhawk11
post Oct 8 2004, 08:31 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

In light of replies to this, I'm beginning to doubt my initial guess that it was a Battletech pin. I guess all I know for sure is that it isn't Shadowrun, and that it was given out by FASA (I think it was still FASA at the time) at Gen Con in 2000 (because that's the badge my pin is attached to).

+Quote Post
Wutasumi
post Oct 10 2004, 10:54 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

From: I'm in Hell! HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! (A.K.A Alabama)
Member No.: 6,739

I think it IS a shadowrun pin. Remember the S on the 2nd edtion SR sheets? It looks almost the same.

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Oct 11 2004, 02:58 AM
Post #14

Shooting Target

I have (OK, had -- I can't find it at the moment) a cloisonne pin of the 2nd edition red Shadowrun S. That looks completely different from this one. Actually, I was looking for an ebay listing for one like my old pin when I stumbled across this listing. :oops:

I'd certainly believe that this could be a Shadowrun pin, but I don't think it's the S. My only other guess was that this might've been a corp logo or something obscure enough for me to not recognize it. :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:31 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.