Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weird eBay listing -- anyone able to ID this?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
the_dunner
Heyas folks, I was taking my morning perusal through eBay when I spotted what's supposedly an odd Shadowrun item. It's listed as Shadowrun and Battletech pins. I clicked through expecting to see some of the old GenCon pins. Instead I found a weird pic and two items described as unfinished "puter" pins.

I don't mean to promote the auction -- it's not mine and I don't know the guy. But, I'm curious as hell as to what these are. So, here's the link:

Weird Pins

Any guesses? I can't even figure out why someone would think these were Shadowrun items. The comments describe one as "The Shadowrun Shield." Anybody got an art reference to that? I looked at the guys other stuff and he's selling some Virtual World items, so maybe that's the tie in. (He's located in Chicago too. Perhaps this guy is ex-FASA?)

If anyone's able to puzzle these out, I appreciate your help.
Botch
I think its meant to be pewter not puter. It look like pewter on my screen, but the battletech reference is triggering a bell not SR.
Sijal
The wings with skull and crosbones is from Crimson skies.

The other on I'm not sure
winterhawk11
The other one, I believe, is also a Battletech pin (one of the clans? I'm not familiar with BT). I have this pin--it looks like a dragon-headed snake-bodied creature coiled back and forth around a triangular base. I don't remember what the triangle looks like because the pin is stored away somewhere. It was given out at Gen Con maybe three or four years ago. It's a cool pin, but not Shadowrun.
the_dunner
Thanks folks! biggrin.gif
Rock-Steady
QUOTE (winterhawk11 @ Oct 6 2004, 02:36 PM)
The other one, I believe, is also a Battletech pin (one of the clans? I'm  not familiar with BT). I have this pin--it looks like a dragon-headed snake-bodied creature coiled back and forth around a triangular base. I don't remember what the triangle looks like because the pin is stored away somewhere. It was given out at Gen Con maybe three or four years ago. It's a cool pin, but not Shadowrun.

Could be the pin of Rasalhague. So its Battletech.

Pic of Rasalhague Logo
mfb
seems like a lot of places get BattleTech and Shadowrun mixed up. i know Amazon has several times in the past.
winterhawk11
Could be the pin of Rasalhague. So its Battletech.

Nope, that's not quite what it looks like. I dug it out of storage and took a picture of it: Here is a more up-close (albeit a bit blurry) pic of the pin. I was wrong--it wasn't a triangle, it was a diamond. Hope this helps.
snowRaven
I have a pin very much like that one (diamond and dragon, that is) - I got it free with an order from Stiggybaby.com, I can't remember what kind of packaging it came in, but I believe it was stated to be a shadowrun thing. Might even have been in an SR miniatures pack...
Quix
Just dug through Warden Clans and Crusader clans for BT. It's none of those. I suppose it could be something from the inner sphere but I've never seen it before.

Herald of Verjigorm
It doesn't match anything recorded here.
If it is Battletech, it would have to be a specific unit of a larger organization or some other obscure group.

Are there any detailed factions in Crimson Skies?
winterhawk11
In light of replies to this, I'm beginning to doubt my initial guess that it was a Battletech pin. I guess all I know for sure is that it isn't Shadowrun, and that it was given out by FASA (I think it was still FASA at the time) at Gen Con in 2000 (because that's the badge my pin is attached to).
Wutasumi
I think it IS a shadowrun pin. Remember the S on the 2nd edtion SR sheets? It looks almost the same.
the_dunner
I have (OK, had -- I can't find it at the moment) a cloisonne pin of the 2nd edition red Shadowrun S. That looks completely different from this one. Actually, I was looking for an ebay listing for one like my old pin when I stumbled across this listing. embarrassed.gif

I'd certainly believe that this could be a Shadowrun pin, but I don't think it's the S. My only other guess was that this might've been a corp logo or something obscure enough for me to not recognize it. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012