IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting into and out of Seattle, Customs, or what?
Cakeman
post Oct 13 2004, 04:57 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,313

My (still learning, my oh my...) players have started getting around a bit with their new characters, and this has led me to dig through my books but finding nothing about how hard it is getting into and out of Seattle by land. "New Seattle" lists the roads the council has permitted, but I'm looking for other info.

How are you handling things? Are there roadblocks with controls, and noone without a visa or similar doesn't get in or out? On both sides, i.e both a UCAS and a Salish(?) checkpoint? Patrols all around Seattle? Chainlink fence? Or can you just take the highway and be out of the metroplex?

Info on where to find this in the books or how you handle it in your games is appreciated. Right now, I've gone with the full military checkpoint style. Fits my current story...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mmu1
post Oct 13 2004, 05:01 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 6,058

Shadows of North America has fairly extensive information on the security ratings of border crossings, and the requirements various territories have for entry / documents required.

I don't recall Seattle specifics, but more often than not, border checkpoints and serious security patrols are the reality in the 2060s, with the various NANs and the daisy-eaters having some of the heaviest security, IIRC.

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Oct 13 2004, 05:07 PM
Post #3

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

Brief previous thread on the subject

+Quote Post
Cakeman
post Oct 13 2004, 05:10 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,313

Thanks for the information, both of you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:39 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.