Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting into and out of Seattle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cakeman
My (still learning, my oh my...) players have started getting around a bit with their new characters, and this has led me to dig through my books but finding nothing about how hard it is getting into and out of Seattle by land. "New Seattle" lists the roads the council has permitted, but I'm looking for other info.

How are you handling things? Are there roadblocks with controls, and noone without a visa or similar doesn't get in or out? On both sides, i.e both a UCAS and a Salish(?) checkpoint? Patrols all around Seattle? Chainlink fence? Or can you just take the highway and be out of the metroplex?

Info on where to find this in the books or how you handle it in your games is appreciated. Right now, I've gone with the full military checkpoint style. Fits my current story...
mmu1
Shadows of North America has fairly extensive information on the security ratings of border crossings, and the requirements various territories have for entry / documents required.

I don't recall Seattle specifics, but more often than not, border checkpoints and serious security patrols are the reality in the 2060s, with the various NANs and the daisy-eaters having some of the heaviest security, IIRC.
Backgammon
Brief previous thread on the subject
Cakeman
Thanks for the information, both of you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012