IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [SoA2064] SOTA 64 Sports, one thread for a whole book?
Snow_Fox
post Oct 14 2004, 11:26 AM
Post #1

Prime Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,221

Can I point out that it says the Boston Red sox won the 2064 world serries, by default! This is due to fighting between CAS and AZT preventing the American league putting forward a team, but it's a fantasy/sci fi game and Boston still can't win the world serries by winning games!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synner
post Oct 14 2004, 01:35 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 185

one thread for a whole book?

And you post on sports? ;) I was expecting to get an earful for the Witchcraft material.

+Quote Post
Canid13
post Oct 14 2004, 01:55 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,709

Synner, the Witchcraft stuff is cool I think.

What I wanna know is, who won the Urban Brawl league?? The sports section is a little thin on standings.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Oct 14 2004, 02:26 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 185

QUOTE (Canid13)
Synner, the Witchcraft stuff is cool I think.

Didn't mean to sidetrack, I mention it only because I know Snow has a particular interest... back to Sports.

+Quote Post
Canid13
post Oct 14 2004, 02:51 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,709

Who won the Urban Brawl penant?!?! Come on, enquiring minds want to know.

Give us the 411!

What's the scoop!

Lay the lowdown on us!

*Wonders if people get the idea yet*

:o)

+Quote Post
GlassJaw
post Oct 14 2004, 03:12 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,664

Can I point out that it says the Boston Red sox won the 2064 world serries, by default

Well at the rate they're going, they're not going to win it the traditional way.

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Oct 14 2004, 03:23 PM
Post #7

Man In The Machine

Member No.: 1,105

Seriously... yuck the fankees. Oh well, guess we might win eventually. I still want to know if a Cubs / Sox world series will trigger the awakning...

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Oct 14 2004, 04:00 PM
Post #8

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Any chance on someday filling in the blanks in the world of sports in the Sixth World? Things like official team lists for all wide-spread sports (especially Hockey! :D), and a history of playoff results for the various sports covering at least the last 10 years from present date (especially Hockey ;)).

But what I really, truly, desperately, passionately need to know is...

What the hell is the name of the damn Portland (or even Seattle) hockey team?

+Quote Post
GlassJaw
post Oct 14 2004, 04:21 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

especially Hockey

What's this hockey you speak of?

+Quote Post
DocMortand
post Oct 14 2004, 07:29 PM
Post #10

Running Target

Member No.: 6,734

QUOTE (Lindt)
I still want to know if a Cubs / Sox world series will trigger the awakning...

Speaking of the Cubs, do they even exist anymore? I know Wrigley Field became a shelter during the Bug City problem...what happened to the Cubs in the meantime? They get trapped inside (or were they on the road and couldn't get back in? Oh now THAT would be a cursed fate...to be the Montreal Expos for 4 years!)

And yes, a Cubs/Sox WS would definately either be the first sign of the Apocolypse or the Awakening.

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Oct 14 2004, 09:35 PM
Post #11

Shooting Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,992

QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
Can I point out that it says the Boston Red sox won the 2064 world serries, by default! This is due to fighting between CAS and AZT preventing the American league putting forward a team, but it's a fantasy/sci fi game and Boston still can't win the world serries by winning games!

Good to know people noticed that one. :P

What do you think of the rest of the Sports section?

+Quote Post
Guest_Crimsondude 2.0_*
post Oct 14 2004, 10:21 PM
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (GlassJaw @ Oct 14 2004, 10:21 AM)
especially Hockey

What's this hockey you speak of?

Indeed.

Given the circumstances, I'd be surprised that hockey makes it to 2006, let alone 2064.

Anyway, I am at a loss as to why Seattle has no NHL team, but Phoenix has one (their stadium is also way the hell out in the middle of nowhere... for now) and Florida has three. The Portland team is probably something equally pretentious as the Lords hurling team name. Thye have a AAA baseball team named the Dukes. Can't imagine why they kept the name when the team moved there. Just give them that name. Eff it.

QUOTE (DocMortand)
QUOTE (Lindt @ Oct 14 2004, 10:23 AM)

Speaking of the Cubs, do they even exist anymore? I know Wrigley Field became a shelter during the Bug City problem...what happened to the Cubs in the meantime? They get trapped inside (or were they on the road and couldn't get back in? Oh now THAT would be a cursed fate...to be the Montreal Expos for 4 years!)

And yes, a Cubs/Sox WS would definately either be the first sign of the Apocolypse or the Awakening.

The Dome was probably just erect for the 2055 season, too (given that it took over 70 years to get lights installed in the damn stadium). Shame.

I'm sure they could make due. Look at Washington. Until they finish constructing a $260 million dollar stadium ($440 for the whole project), they just pissed on the DC United MLS team and decided the Expos will play in RFK. So maybe they moved to Soldier Field or out to UIUC.

Anyway, there are lists of teams in Shadowbeat for MLB, NBA and NFL if you're interested.

+Quote Post
GlassJaw
post Oct 14 2004, 10:50 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Just as an aside, the group I'm in is going to do a run during the Urban Brawl Superbrawl in Seattle. We're hoping the guards at the place we are busting into are distracted by the game. We're waiting until the start of the 2nd quarter. :D

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Oct 14 2004, 11:26 PM
Post #14

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
Given the circumstances, I'd be surprised that hockey makes it to 2006, let alone 2064.

Present circumstances aside, canon does mention (somewhere) that the NHL (or equivalent) as still being around in the '50s.

Anyway, I am at a loss as to why Seattle has no NHL team, but Phoenix has one (their stadium is also way the hell out in the middle of nowhere... for now) and Florida has three.

Seattle has almost had a NHL team on a number of occasions, but their close proximity to Vancouver works against them every time (as does Hamilton's to Buffalo and Toronto).

Anyway, there are lists of teams in Shadowbeat for MLB, NBA and NFL if you're interested.

Thanks. I know about those, but I want the hockey teams for a character.

The Portland team is probably something equally pretentious as the Lords hurling team name. Thye have a AAA baseball team named the Dukes. Can't imagine why they kept the name when the team moved there. Just give them that name. Eff it.

It's not really that hard to come up with a name if I have to. I've even thought about Portland Lords (or Princes, or Paladins :D), and quite a few others, but I'd rather have an official list of surviving teams.

+Quote Post
Guest_Crimsondude 2.0_*
post Oct 14 2004, 11:44 PM
Post #15

Guests

QUOTE (Fortune)

QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)

Present circumstances aside, canon does mention (somewhere) that the NHL (or equivalent) as still being around in the '50s.

Yes. But canon also has the Rams in Los Angeles, the Oilers in Houston, and the Kingdome stood into the 2050's. Anyway, it was a joke. One that I also happened to make because I don't care for hockey, but ... Well, it's ruined now.

OTOH, that list needs to be sorely updated. At the rate of franchise movements, the placement of teams isn't a problem. Sooner or later, it would just be a happy coincidence. The number is too low, though. Of course, YMMV.

Anyway, I am at a loss as to why Seattle has no NHL team, but Phoenix has one (their stadium is also way the hell out in the middle of nowhere... for now) and Florida has three.

Seattle has almost had a NHL team on a number of occasions, but their close proximity to Vancouver works against them every time (as does Hamilton's to Buffalo and Toronto).

Hmm. Maybe the next time will work. I mean, assuming Seattle's as good an inveastment for hockey as Washington is for baseball.

+Quote Post
Zolhex
post Oct 15 2004, 12:12 AM
Post #16

Project Terminus: Soul Hunters

Member No.: 5,798

Hehe I liked the comment of the soxs winning. this way I know it is more than likely it is safe to bet on the Yanks this year. LOL just kidding but it is funny that they won by default.

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Oct 15 2004, 12:37 AM
Post #17

Prime Runner

QUOTE (DocMortand)
QUOTE (Lindt @ Oct 14 2004, 10:23 AM)

No the Cubs didn't make. From the lists in Shadowbeat the Washington Senators and Expos both exist and the NY Mets don't. If there's one team out there that has proven it can survive anything it's the Mets. Anyone remeber the 6th game of the '86 serries?

So even with the fix in with the writers, Boston still can't win by actually winning games? In the awakened world they might finally find a way to break the curse of the Bambino.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Oct 15 2004, 12:47 AM
Post #18

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
In the awakened world they might finally find a way to break the curse of the Bambino.

Only if they dig him up and clone him. ;)

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Oct 15 2004, 12:50 AM
Post #19

Immoral Elf

Or create some of those 'jack-the-ripper' style chips based on Babe (or is that babe on base?). :)

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Oct 15 2004, 12:53 AM
Post #20

Prime Runner

Knowing the luck Boston has- they'd pay a fortune to clone "Babe" form the 20th century and end up with a pig that herds sheep.

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Oct 15 2004, 02:10 AM
Post #21

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

If they're lucky, he became an ancestor spirit so all they have to do is bribe a magically active descendant of his (of the proper magical leanings) to begin negotiations to end the curse.

+Quote Post
DocMortand
post Oct 15 2004, 02:54 AM
Post #22

Running Target

QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
No the Cubs didn't make. From the lists in Shadowbeat the Washington Senators and Expos both exist and the NY Mets don't. If there's one team out there that has proven it can survive anything it's the Mets. Anyone remeber the 6th game of the '86 serries?

Just out of curiousity - where would I find that particular Shadowbeat? I am curious to see how fscked up their view of baseball is...I know in the Wolf and Raven novel they talk about what baseball has become (Seattle Seadogs...heh), but it is still a curiosity to me why the Cubs would have disappeared when they are one of the oldest franchises.

Oh yeah, and to find out who DID survive. :)

+Quote Post
mfb
post Oct 15 2004, 03:10 AM
Post #23

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

you can probably find a copy of Shadowbeat on e-bay.

+Quote Post
RangerJoe
post Oct 15 2004, 03:27 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,897

Well, at least SR baseball hasn't been replaced with Blernsball yet.

/BLERN BLERN BLERN BLERN!!

+Quote Post
DocMortand
post Oct 15 2004, 03:52 AM
Post #25

Running Target

Okay, but is it a single volume, or a magazine? If a mag, what edition (month/year?)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:54 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.