Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shadowrun Supplemental News
Adam
post Oct 21 2004, 02:50 AM
Post #1

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

No big press-release thing: The Shadowrun Supplemental is moving from publishing multiple articles in a magazine style to publishing standalone articles, in a move to speed up our release schedule. We have a redesigned website to go along with this change, including RSS feeds.

Over the next few weeks we'll be adding our old articles into the new system so we have a searchable index of the old articles, and we plan to release the first article under the new system on November 3rd.

Our submission guidelines and other procedures have changed very little; we simply hope that we'll be doing more publishing under this new plan.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Oct 21 2004, 02:56 AM
Post #2

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

Have you considered publishing more sections of the Seattle Expansion instead of waiting for the entire metroplex to be completed?

I like the new logo, though I wonder how it will effect issue appearance.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Oct 21 2004, 02:57 AM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Yeah; that's in the cards: releasing the rest of Seattle 2064 district by district.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Oct 24 2004, 03:21 AM
Post #4

Prime Runner

While we're getting caught up on things: BeCKS v2 is now available in HTML format.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Nov 6 2004, 03:58 AM
Post #5

Prime Runner

Our first article in the new format is now available at the Shadowrun Supplemental site: Non-Running Archetypes - written by Charles Ellis and illustrated by Jeff Preston - features four non-standard archetypes with full statistics, background, and plot hooks. These are intended to be contacts or NPCs, but can also be used as player characters.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Nov 6 2004, 07:47 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,449

Woo-hoo! I'm published! :D

The formatting looks great, Adam, and I like Jeff's illustrations a lot. He really captured the essense of the archetypes with them.

+Quote Post
Paul
post Nov 7 2004, 05:55 AM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 1,514

Waits patiently for more of Seattle to hit the press. :)

+Quote Post
Adam
post Nov 12 2004, 03:30 PM
Post #8

Prime Runner

The HTML edition of Non-Running Archetypes is now available, for those of you who don't dig the PDF thing.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Nov 12 2004, 03:58 PM
Post #9

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

What makes these guys "non-running" archetypes? I play variations of at least three of 'em on a regular basis. Or is the term meant to mean concepts that haven't been hardened criminals all their life (like, yanno, the Private Investigator or Tribal Shaman)?

Like the art, by the way.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Nov 12 2004, 05:11 PM
Post #10

Prime Runner

Basically, yes. It just means "Not a bunch of pimped-out Samurai/Mages/Adept" - it's about going in different directions, which some groups/players certainly already do.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Nov 12 2004, 05:13 PM
Post #11

Immortal Elf

Gotcha. Might wanna consider making that a little more obvious somewhere in the description or something. "Non-Runner Archetypes" sounds more like an NPC sort of thing.

+Quote Post
GaiasWrath8
post Nov 12 2004, 05:55 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,768

Maybe a title of "Goody Too Shoes" or "Do Gooder" LOL

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Nov 12 2004, 06:08 PM
Post #13

Immortal Elf

"Unconventional Archetypes" "Breaking the Mold" and/or "Colorful Runners" are some examples of what I'm talking about.

+Quote Post
GaiasWrath8
post Nov 12 2004, 06:19 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,768

:D
Oh come on, its Friday. I was just playing.

I love these suplements, so do my players.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jan 22 2005, 04:13 AM
Post #15

Prime Runner

New article online -- The Good Fight: Superheroic Roleplaying in Shadowrun -- it's a short essay about exactly what the title says, with a bunch of relevant references [both film and comic].

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Jan 22 2005, 05:01 PM
Post #16

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

That link gives me a "No Posts Match Your Citeria" error, though I can download the zip from TSS's front page.

+Quote Post
audun
post Jan 22 2005, 05:29 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 381

Just read the Good Fight. Brilliant article, but how come you don't mention Underground among the "other superhero RPGs"? It definetly should serve as inspiration for those wanting to play superheroes in SR. You could probably import nearly the whole setting in to SR (except the cannibal fast food).

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jan 22 2005, 06:09 PM
Post #18

Prime Runner

Link fixed. Whoops.

Just read the Good Fight. Brilliant article, but how come you don't mention Underground among the "other superhero RPGs"?

Good point - I'm wagering that Patrick simply wasn't familiar with the game, and I totally forgot about it while going over the article, but it certainly could be an inspiration point for many Shadowrun games.

+Quote Post
Patrick Goodman
post Jan 23 2005, 01:06 AM
Post #19

Tilting at Windmills

Member No.: 388

QUOTE (Adam)
I'm wagering that Patrick simply wasn't familiar with the game, and I totally forgot about it while going over the article, but it certainly could be an inspiration point for many Shadowrun games.

You'd win, too. There are several games that didn't get mentioned simply because I've got no familiarity with them. Pinnacle's Necessary Evil falls into that category as well.

+Quote Post
Patrick Goodman
post Jan 23 2005, 01:08 AM
Post #20

Tilting at Windmills

QUOTE (audun)
Just read the Good Fight. Brilliant article, but how come you don't mention Underground among the "other superhero RPGs"? It definetly should serve as inspiration for those wanting to play superheroes in SR. You could probably import nearly the whole setting in to SR (except the cannibal fast food).

Glad you liked it, Audun. As Adam pointed out, it was mostly a lack of familiarity with the game on my part that kept it out of the list.

+Quote Post
Paul
post Jan 23 2005, 11:56 AM
Post #21

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 1,514

You know Pat, you made me liek SURGE. I should resent you, but I don't. :D Very well written, its good to see you back in it my man.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jan 24 2005, 06:28 AM
Post #22

Prime Runner

Had a spare few minutes today, so I updated the old Shadowrun Random Atmosphere Generator - the new version is available at http://tss.dumpshock.com/files/tss_srag.zip

+Quote Post
Patrick Goodman
post Jan 27 2005, 02:45 PM
Post #23

Tilting at Windmills

QUOTE (Paul)
You know Pat, you made me liek SURGE. I should resent you, but I don't. :D Very well written, its good to see you back in it my man.

Glad you liked it, Paul. It's been sitting around for a while; I finally got off my butt and did something with it and sent it to Adam, who then reminded me how long it had been sitting around when he mentioned that I hadn't included any references to Mutants & Masterminds in the original....

I need to get off my dead butt and finish Thunder's character sheet for Adam, but my girlfriend's been sick and life has generally gotten in the way.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:21 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.