IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Simsense and the Astral Plane, Are they compatible?
CircuitBoyBlue
post Oct 22 2004, 09:44 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,215

Do simsense rigs pick up astral perception if installed in astrally capable or dual natured beings?

For instance, could a company use ghouls or other dual natured beings as astral watch dogs, then fit them with simsense rigs to give a security control room views of incoming astral threats?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kremlin KOA
post Oct 22 2004, 09:46 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,650

by canon no, but I have always wondered if the emotive track could be used with hellhounds to note astral presences... when hell hound gets upset you have astral intruder

+Quote Post
mfb
post Oct 22 2004, 10:01 PM
Post #3

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

might be cheaper to just watch to see when the hellhound starts attacking empty air.

i can't remember where it says--probably Shadowbeat--but astral perception cannot be recorded with simsense.

+Quote Post
Guest_Crimsondude 2.0_*
post Oct 22 2004, 10:04 PM
Post #4

Guests

Definitely in Shadowbeat. Also in SSG.

They use CGI for magic and astral effects.

+Quote Post
CircuitBoyBlue
post Oct 22 2004, 10:26 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,215

Drats, foiled! Oh well, I'll probably just decree that to be wrong and do it anyway in my games in order to make magicians less all-powerful. Does anybody see any long-term problems where this will incredibly screw things up if I house-rule it? Also, to stay as on-course as possible, I should read up on this in shadowbeat. Anyone got a page number on that?

+Quote Post
Guest_Crimsondude 2.0_*
post Oct 22 2004, 11:11 PM
Post #6

Guests

Page 76 of Shadowbeat. "Astral elements simply do not show up in an ASIST recording."

Page 26, Sprawl Survival Guide.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:20 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.