> Campaign ideas
Edward
post Oct 26 2004, 03:40 PM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,587

Campaign ideas

My GM just cancelled the active SR game. He was very much justified as it want giving him any fun and we got what may be my first worthwhile whit wolf game out of it (I have decided to be optimistic at least its not another game of D20) but I am considering throwing out a game in the SR universe. But not focusing on the shadows.

I was Looking at SR comp earlier and reminded by the thread on a templar game of the trained to be ghosts variant. To be honest I was thinking it might be a bit of a cheat to create a more cohesive campaign flow and get several players past the problems they had with character conflict in previous SR games.

What organisations are worth running as the teem backers and what books would I need to get there aims tactics and spheres of influence over a reasonable time scale.

Edward
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BishopMcQ
post Oct 26 2004, 04:09 PM
Post #2

The back-up plan

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,910

If you want to use published material, the Draco Foundation, Major Corps or the Elven Courts could all be useful to you, as could the Catholic church. I believe the books that would be relevant are Portrait of a Dragon, Tir Na Nog, Corporate Download, or Threats 2. SoE also has some great bkgd material on the establishments in Europe and how to get teams involved with global politics on a small to large scale.

Another option is to create your own organization--a mid-grade corp that is making the push to become a AAA; a young Dragon who has latched on to a subset of the 6th world and has plans of grandeur.

Just think about what you want the underlying thread to be and move from there...

-Stephen

+Quote Post
Edward
post Oct 27 2004, 02:56 AM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,587

Is there a timeline document somewhere that lists all the major events so I can get the background right.

Edward

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Oct 27 2004, 02:58 AM
Post #4

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

Timeline Explorer

+Quote Post
Guest_Crimsondude 2.0_*
post Oct 27 2004, 03:00 AM
Post #5

Guests

Nope

Damn you K10. You went and ruined the joke.

I guess I probably should reload these tabs when I actually look at them.

This post has been edited by Crimsondude 2.0: Oct 27 2004, 03:01 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:50 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.