Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More new metamagics
Da9iel
post Nov 14 2004, 11:20 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,367

Alright, there's a new idea for a metamagic every week. Let's have 'em and comment on 'em.

I post for fodder: What about a metamagic that allows the mage to accept karma from others the same as a Free Spirit can. It would have to be learned from a Free Spirit (of course). If the ritual to increase the gift ratio is used by another character, the target number is the magician's magic (including grade).

This would only be useful if Cash for Karma and Karma for Cash are nixed by the GM.

Please post your ideas and comment on those ideas.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Nov 15 2004, 05:21 AM
Post #2

Free Spirit

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,920

Most GMs will not like the idea because it erodes their control over the power a magically active character can accrue.

I like the idea. It is about the only idea for a meta-magic I have heard proposed that actually makes sense. The technique already exists for free spirits.

Could a magician learn it from a free spirit then teach it to another mage? If not, then GMs can still limit it by not allowing the PC to find a free spirit willing to teach it. Then the PC may try binding a free spirit and ordering it to teach him.

+Quote Post
Shadow
post Nov 15 2004, 10:56 PM
Post #3

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,006

I like the idea of metamagics, they really expand the mages game.

I would like to see a metamagic that dealt with shadows, I am not sure what you could do . Perhaps "melding" where you could move within shadows?

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Nov 15 2004, 11:04 PM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

That's what spells are for. Metamagic modifies your ability to use your magic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:05 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.