Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Greece?
Masterofthegame
post Nov 16 2004, 10:29 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,684

Any info on Greece in the sixth world? My players are going to spend some time there, and I'm looking for a little background and setting info. Particularly the Athens area, and perhaps the site of Delphi.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Nov 16 2004, 01:26 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

There's some info out, but not much. Lot of Awakened activity, as you can imagine, and I think they were invaded in the last Jihad.

+Quote Post
Blaze
post Nov 16 2004, 02:23 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 1,321

As the SoE crew will probably inform you, there's a few paragraphs on Greece in Shadows of Europe- not much, but enough to extrapolate from, especially when combined with Target: Awakened Lands (where I think there are some other mentions).

-JH.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Nov 16 2004, 03:05 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 185

Canon references to Greece are spread out through numerous products starting with Paranormal Animals of Europe and most recently in SOTA63 (Culture Shock) and Shadows of Europe (Rest of Europe). It was decided to leave a full chapter on Greece out of the latter for a number of reasons, but it will probably be cropping up in an upcoming book. As an Awakened hotspot there should be some references to it in the upcoming Running Wild too.

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Nov 16 2004, 03:44 PM
Post #5

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

Just remember the minotaurs ;) Everyone likes a running gun fight with a few minotaurs to welcome you to Greece.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Nov 16 2004, 03:49 PM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

QUOTE (Synner)
It was decided to leave a full chapter on Greece out of the latter for a number of reasons, but it will probably be cropping up in an upcoming book.

Probably one of the worst decisions made, in my opinion. Greece and Egypt are two countries that should have a very high priority in any sourcebook covering those two parts of the world. I mean, for crying out loud, HERMEtic Magic is a big part of the game alone. Helloooo! :D

But I guess wasting all that space to basically say "this huge area is just a toxic waste dump" was more important than covering a major area of the Sixth World. :P

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Nov 16 2004, 06:01 PM
Post #7

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

I think there's also a passing mention in the magic section of SotA 2064 in the magical groups bit, group called the Oracle of Delphos IIRC.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Nov 16 2004, 09:09 PM
Post #8

Runner

Member No.: 185

QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein @ Nov 16 2004, 03:49 PM)
Probably one of the worst decisions made, in my opinion.  Greece and Egypt are two countries that should have a very high priority in any sourcebook covering those two parts of the world.

Well... what if I to ask you if you would prefer a cramped 10 pages including Game Info for the Federal Republic of Hellas in SoE or 30 dedicated pages in a Target: Awakened Lands 2?

Flak Jack (oops, Flakjacket) is correct we touched upon the Oracle of Delphos/Orakle originally in SoE and revisited it in SOTA64. Like the Seer's Guild it's a unique magic group with a focus on divination and classical inspiration. There might be more on them in upcoming books.

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Nov 17 2004, 01:59 AM
Post #9

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

ok chummer, we have to fess up. Guys rememebr PAoE? We sent researchers into Greece, but unfortunately, they were eaten.
Synner couldn't find anyone else willing to go to Greece and I, fortunately, was tied up with a corp deal at the Philly stock exchange.

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Nov 17 2004, 10:37 PM
Post #10

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

There's another reference in the gambling bit of the Culture Shock section in SotA 2064. Seems the island of Lesvos is a major gambling Makka after the sun goes down, with it's sister island of Lemnos providing a stadium for combat biking and football matches. Oh and the rumoured metahuman and critter pit fights in the nearby petrified forrest.

Have to remember to copy this over the Wiki.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:11 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.