Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Greece?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Masterofthegame
Any info on Greece in the sixth world? My players are going to spend some time there, and I'm looking for a little background and setting info. Particularly the Athens area, and perhaps the site of Delphi.
Ancient History
There's some info out, but not much. Lot of Awakened activity, as you can imagine, and I think they were invaded in the last Jihad.
Blaze
As the SoE crew will probably inform you, there's a few paragraphs on Greece in Shadows of Europe- not much, but enough to extrapolate from, especially when combined with Target: Awakened Lands (where I think there are some other mentions).

-JH.
Synner
Canon references to Greece are spread out through numerous products starting with Paranormal Animals of Europe and most recently in SOTA63 (Culture Shock) and Shadows of Europe (Rest of Europe). It was decided to leave a full chapter on Greece out of the latter for a number of reasons, but it will probably be cropping up in an upcoming book. As an Awakened hotspot there should be some references to it in the upcoming Running Wild too.
Dashifen
Just remember the minotaurs wink.gif Everyone likes a running gun fight with a few minotaurs to welcome you to Greece.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Synner)
It was decided to leave a full chapter on Greece out of the latter for a number of reasons, but it will probably be cropping up in an upcoming book.

Probably one of the worst decisions made, in my opinion. Greece and Egypt are two countries that should have a very high priority in any sourcebook covering those two parts of the world. I mean, for crying out loud, HERMEtic Magic is a big part of the game alone. Helloooo! biggrin.gif

But I guess wasting all that space to basically say "this huge area is just a toxic waste dump" was more important than covering a major area of the Sixth World. nyahnyah.gif
FlakJacket
I think there's also a passing mention in the magic section of SotA 2064 in the magical groups bit, group called the Oracle of Delphos IIRC.
Synner
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein @ Nov 16 2004, 03:49 PM)
Probably one of the worst decisions made, in my opinion.  Greece and Egypt are two countries that should have a very high priority in any sourcebook covering those two parts of the world.

Well... what if I to ask you if you would prefer a cramped 10 pages including Game Info for the Federal Republic of Hellas in SoE or 30 dedicated pages in a Target: Awakened Lands 2?

Flak Jack (oops, Flakjacket) is correct we touched upon the Oracle of Delphos/Orakle originally in SoE and revisited it in SOTA64. Like the Seer's Guild it's a unique magic group with a focus on divination and classical inspiration. There might be more on them in upcoming books.
Snow_Fox
ok chummer, we have to fess up. Guys rememebr PAoE? We sent researchers into Greece, but unfortunately, they were eaten.
Synner couldn't find anyone else willing to go to Greece and I, fortunately, was tied up with a corp deal at the Philly stock exchange.
FlakJacket
There's another reference in the gambling bit of the Culture Shock section in SotA 2064. Seems the island of Lesvos is a major gambling Makka after the sun goes down, with it's sister island of Lemnos providing a stadium for combat biking and football matches. Oh and the rumoured metahuman and critter pit fights in the nearby petrified forrest.

Have to remember to copy this over the Wiki.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012