Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quick Question, the rotten apple
zenpoetsix
post Nov 21 2004, 08:07 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,066

hi...this came up yesterday afternoon during a game session and i've been thinking about it all night long:

does central park still exist in NYC in 2063???

i know some books state than NYC was built up after the earthquake and it's taller and uglier than before but what about central park??? does it still exist or did it get paved over to make room for more buildings??? if it still exists, can it can considered as a forest domain or has it been surrounded by the urban too much that it turned toxic???

thanks for any help!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Nov 21 2004, 08:15 PM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

According to the Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America, Central Park is still around. I don't remember enough from the New York entry to state if it's in good condition or not, but I imagine it is. I wouldn't say its toxic at all.

+Quote Post
DrJest
post Nov 21 2004, 09:01 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 6,722

I know this one is out of print, so here's the entry on the Central Park residential area:

Central Park East (Security AAA)
NYPD Inc. and Knight Errant

Central Park West (Security AAA)
NYPD Inc and Winter Systems

Here is where anybody who is anybody in New York lives. When the city was being redesigned, the planners set aside these two great strips on both sides of the park for residential buildings. The strips run from 86th to 60th Street and are a city block wide. The views are tremendous. Bet on it.
  No big surprise that cops are everywhere.

From that I'd say that CP is still alive and kicking, and probably safer in the 2050's and 60's than it is today :D

+Quote Post
zenpoetsix
post Nov 21 2004, 10:38 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 1,066

thanks for the quick replies!!!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:01 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.