> Spell Targeting Question
Ned
post Nov 23 2004, 12:05 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 230

Hey folks.
Here's a query. Can manipulation spells be targetted through electronic means? Follow me here.. normal spells cannot be targetted through such means, but manipulation spells.. you're just throwing them at the target really. Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shockwave_IIc
post Nov 23 2004, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 5,499

Not sure. but either way the spell will travel in a straight from you to the target so would it be any real good?

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Nov 23 2004, 12:15 AM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

Since you need a straight path for the spell to travel, I can't think of a single case where single target elemental manipulations could be targetted by electronic assistance where it could not be cast without such aid. Area manipulations can affect targets you don't have LoS to, but you need a path to the center of the blast.

+Quote Post
kevyn668
post Nov 23 2004, 12:17 AM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 5,375

I think the spell would detonate at the target the mage was looking at. In this case the vid screen or whatever.

+Quote Post
Ned
post Nov 23 2004, 12:21 AM
Post #5

Target

QUOTE (kevyn668)
I can't think of a single case where single target elemental manipulations could be targetted by electronic assistance where it could not be cast without such aid

[QUOTE]
Complete Darkness. Using ultrasound goggles.

+Quote Post
kevyn668
post Nov 23 2004, 12:29 AM
Post #6

Runner

QUOTE (Ned)
QUOTE (kevyn668 @ Nov 23 2004, 12:17 AM)
I can't think of a single case where single target elemental manipulations could be targetted by electronic assistance where it could not be cast without such aid

[QUOTE]
Complete Darkness. Using ultrasound goggles.

That was Herald....but, in that case, unless you have the cyber implant kiss your face good bye.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Nov 23 2004, 12:34 AM
Post #7

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

QUOTE (kevyn668)
I think the spell would detonate at the target the mage was looking at. In this case the vid screen or whatever.

I don't think so. Elemental Manipulations do not require typical LOS and instead work exactly like Ranged Combat. For that reason, I see nothing wrong with allowing electronic vision to aid the casting.

+Quote Post
Ned
post Nov 23 2004, 12:36 AM
Post #8

Target

Oops. Sorry goofed the quote function.
Whereas your point sorta makes sense... why wouldn't this happen with optical imaging? If you could throw a spell through optical binocular goggles, why not electronic? Or vice versa? Why not explode your face with optical?

(Sorry if my grammar seems weird, I'm typing and doing three other things at once.)

+Quote Post
kevyn668
post Nov 23 2004, 01:34 AM
Post #9

Runner

QUOTE (Ned)
Oops. Sorry goofed the quote function.
Whereas your point sorta makes sense... why wouldn't this happen with optical imaging? If you could throw a spell through optical binocular goggles, why not electronic? Or vice versa? Why not explode your face with optical?

(Sorry if my grammar seems weird, I'm typing and doing three other things at once.)

Magic. :)

Seriously though, I may have read too much into your post. I was thinking you meant a mage could fireball someone through a security monitor.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:17 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.