Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ready to Run?
Gremish
post Dec 21 2004, 02:07 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,879

Detriot, Where the weak are killed and eaten.

Hey all im new to the boards been GMing for SR for about 2 years now and ide like to give GMing here a shot... ide like to run a game open to all but maxing players out at around 6-8. Prefer Bran spanking new chars if at all posible but ill take up to 25 karma 50k Y chars if someone has an existing char they would like to play.

The Setting will be Detriot (which im from) and further info will be granted as the game gets ready to open. Ide liekt o start this as quick as posible realizing that the next few weeks are going to be ruff for people ide like to get this going by January. This WILL be my first GMing experience here but i feel i should be able to handle it.

Anyone interested plz Post here if u get a char ready then post it or send it to me at archonfanatic26@sbcglobal.net. Hope to see plenty of you playing =D

Also im looking for people who are going to post at LEAST 5 times a week (yes i stole it from sphynx cause it seems like a good number) i would liek to keep this rolling fast combat being a minimal as posible i like players who do INTERESTING things to get out of situations or into them not just
" you got the Rocket launcher ready Fred?"
"DO I!"
*woosh* Building Explotion
"ok lets see if the computer survived"
*5 minutes later*
"No Mr johnson the building just blew up and there was no trace of the computer to be found, so when do we get payed?"

yeah, also the most interesting posts you do the more likly it will work and the less "ok i fire, your turn" "ok i got 3 sucesses" "ok Guards down" BS we dont have to deal with for endless posts =P

*EDIT* as an add on to my origanal post i would like to keep this SR group going for as long as the players feel like sticking around. Im here for the long hall as long as everyone ele is. one more little edit =P i was also thinking about hvaing like a night where (once we get enough pc's) everyone could make it regulkarly and use a IRC or some other program to play (AIM Yahoo MSN i dont give a ****) and spend a little time every once in a while doing that to not only speed up the game (which i would recored all that went on and post it) but also might keep things interesting =) it may work it may not but its worth a good shot =D

Also i Host a Ventrilo Server (Ventrilo is a active speach software program much like talking on the phone except through your computer) so we could also use that for times when we all wanted to play =P these are a few of my ideas and i know ill come up with more as i go but hey creativity is what this is all about!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gremish
post Dec 22 2004, 10:38 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

As of current i got 4 players looking to get in this campaign. Mugzy, Morefizz, Bonk and a friend that hasnt registered yet. Im still open for anyone who wants to join plz post here ide like tog et this going asap cause im blowing my mind out writing all kinds of ideas over here and i got the shadowrun bug =P

+Quote Post
Ecclesiastes
post Dec 22 2004, 10:41 PM
Post #3

Jesus Freak

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,274

What kinda of characters have been submitted? I may toss one into the mix, but I'd like to fill a gap, as I can play just about anything.

edit: Are you avioding Deckers or Riggers?

+Quote Post
Mugzy
post Dec 22 2004, 10:50 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

From: 50 Clicks north of Dragon City (Front Range Free Zone)
Member No.: 6,896

Well, I was thinking perhaps a decker.

I would not be opposed to a razorhead or a 'slinger either. Hell, I can fill any roll, and Im gettin to the point all I want to do is play SR again. But as of right now, I'd like to run a decker.

You have any preferences Ecclesiastes?

+Quote Post
Ecclesiastes
post Dec 22 2004, 10:55 PM
Post #5

Jesus Freak

Well, if he was ok with Deckers, I was actually thinking of going with an Otaku character of mine. Beyond that, I'm fairly open (though I prefer not to play Riggers). It takes me about 30 minutes to finish a character, so once I see what everyone else wants to play, I'll take the left overs.

edit: I've got a jack-of-all-trades character that could be cool. Part Street Sam, part Face, part B&E / Electronics Wiz. He is a real pro as far as runners so though, so if the game is more for a street level, then it wouldn't fit either.

+Quote Post
Mugzy
post Dec 22 2004, 11:03 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Im pretty sure hes fine with it. You'd have to get a response from him though for confirmation.

Otaku, eh? Never gave a whole lot of though to them. Guess I'm gettin old. Sounds cool though. That Sam/Face guy sounds killer. Resources, bleh, Its always cool to have a smooth talker, regardless of the guy's history.

+Quote Post
Gremish
post Dec 22 2004, 11:31 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Im up for anything i got the matix book sitting in front of me atm =P Deckers are fine but thier difficult to play well with a group ... i dont know how on here will work (thinking it will work alot better because i can PM deckers and go through all kinds of decker shiz on teh side) but we will see.... as for that im open to trying anyhting i am new to this so we will have to see what works well what doesnt AHEAD of time ide liek to state that im not completely awsome at matix stuff yet seeing as in most table top its extremely hard to coordinate the matix and the RL of the game at the same time without boring one or the otehr side.

PLAYERS SO FAR

Morefizz- Sammy
Mugzy - Decker
Bonk - Physadept
Ecc - Otaku/Jack

Anyone else interested just post away whatever u like to play even if its something already here cause the group will shift and turn based on whos playing anyway =D

+Quote Post
Ecclesiastes
post Dec 22 2004, 11:42 PM
Post #8

Jesus Freak

Hmmm... No wiz yet? I'll have to bust out Jessie. My Face/Cat Shaman.

edit: Granted she has more than 25 Karma, but I can tone her down a bit. I think she's currently at around 50 karma.

+Quote Post
Gremish
post Dec 22 2004, 11:44 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

No wiz yet and make sure u got healing ... for some reason people just like to walk into mounted machine guns in my campaigns...

Shoot me a post on her stats ect and ill check it out if shes not nbutz 50 karma might make the cut =) Casters and karma normaly only means more spells which dont really mean shit anyway =P

+Quote Post
Ecclesiastes
post Dec 22 2004, 11:47 PM
Post #10

Jesus Freak

I think shes graded twice with a few extra spells, yeah. I don't have the sheet on me, but I'll try to talk my wife into emailing it to me here at work.

+Quote Post
Ecclesiastes
post Dec 22 2004, 11:50 PM
Post #11

Jesus Freak

What are you looking for in the way of background stories? A full page, small brief, 20 questions, etc?

+Quote Post
Gremish
post Dec 22 2004, 11:50 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

No sweat i cna check it tommarow if u cant get it today i got to work in 4 hours anyway =P Damn christmas 12 hour days /sigh

+Quote Post
Whizbang
post Dec 22 2004, 11:55 PM
Post #13

Running Target

Member No.: 6,645

Hmm...thinking of trying something diffrent and going conjurer. Not sure whether a mage with high conjuring, or just a conjurer adept just yet. Will have to build a character from scratch with whatever build rules you prefer, though.

+Quote Post
Gremish
post Dec 22 2004, 11:57 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

well this is how i always did backrounds...

First way- Write me a page or 2 backround or as long as u like DONT make a character sheet and base it off that ake the background based on the type of char you would liek to play.... ill write ur character sheet for you based on that BR then you and shift things around as you see fit. It makes for a different world and makes it so people arnt playing the same char with a diff name every time. i like to write and i like creativity aka ur gonna get extra karma/ creation points ect plus kool stuff based on how well u write a BR. If its a clean cut backround with "this corp shot my mom, so thier all gonna die" i'll give u the nice ... and have u make a char on ur own and a piano might be part of your starting gear.

For those out there that HATE backgrounds thats kool too no worry sjust write up a char make a decent reason why you are the way you are and im happy.

PS: anyone wanting to use Edge/Flaw i MAX the points at 4. Also some of them i hate so if u use it and i say you cant have it plz dont take it personal i just think some are a little cheesy. Also taking a really nice Edge and a buncha cheesy flaws aint cutting it either you get something relaly awsome take somehting that could bone you. Backgrounds may also develope into Edge / flaws based on the writing and what i think fits which in that case you may get something relaly cool or something really shitty, either way it hightens the RP value.

Final note here if you relaly dont like a char that you get out of a BR then by all means develope your own but if u think its not the greatest but still willing to play give new things a try... you might just get addicted...

+Quote Post
Gremish
post Dec 23 2004, 12:00 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

QUOTE (Whizbang)
Hmm...thinking of trying something diffrent and going conjurer. Not sure whether a mage with high conjuring, or just a conjurer adept just yet. Will have to build a character from scratch with whatever build rules you prefer, though.

Whiz Basicly but its strait outathe Book or NSCRG either way you wanna do it base gear (avail 8 max) Priority or Points whichever you would like to use. everythign goes through me anyway so you will know if somehting is wrong =P

As for people thinking about chars Throw em up worst thats gonna happen is a "hey i dont think thats gonna work" and mosta the time ill just say hey i got a few tweeks here and there.

+Quote Post
Ecclesiastes
post Dec 23 2004, 12:09 AM
Post #16

Jesus Freak

Whizbang and I were both wondering if you use the AIM handle you have in your profile much. We chat on there a lot to make things quicker than posting back and foward. I can be reached at Ecclesiastes76 and Whizbang uses Starfyre076.

+Quote Post
Gremish
post Dec 23 2004, 12:40 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Im on aim a little ehre and there dont use it a ton cause a few poeple on there bug the helll outa me and i dont like having programs running that im not using but if your gonna be on there to tlak ill start logging on more regularly

+Quote Post
Maxxi
post Dec 23 2004, 04:11 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,239

Both these characters are people who can't adjust to living outside of prison. I like them both, and could develop them quite a bit.

I have an idea for a former Sioux millitary agent, who was 'dismissed' after a stiont in millitary prison. He's lost most of his politics, although he's more then willing to cause havoc in the UCAS and get paid for it.

I've also got a Voodoo Shaman following Oggun. He's got political ambitions, and a taste for violence, but needs the money to back it up, so he's turned to shadowrunning. It's hard to get a job after being in prison 5 years.

+Quote Post
Ecclesiastes
post Dec 23 2004, 04:51 AM
Post #19

Jesus Freak

I've got Mojo covered and Whizbang is throwing in a Conjurer, so the Sioux would be the better fit that I can see.

+Quote Post
Sandoval Smith
post Dec 23 2004, 09:02 AM
Post #20

Running Target

Member No.: 6,690

I have a mostly completed rigger that would probably work fairly well in this campaign, a getaway driver with a couple of drones. There would be one thing I'd have to change about him though (unless you want to fiddle with availibility a little). I was building his vehicle / drone hanger around a GMC Bulldog Step Van, security model, which is a 9/9.

+Quote Post
Tashio
post Dec 23 2004, 10:33 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,767

I got a B&E/Covert Op floating around, lemme dig him out and see what he looks like. He's got a bit of The Saint feel to him.

+Quote Post
Sandoval Smith
post Dec 23 2004, 11:41 AM
Post #22

Running Target

I was putting together an equipment list, and was wondering if this was a typo: is the Ares Supersquirt really an availibility 9? Considering I could just put DMSO (which is availibilty 2) and whatever else in a capsule round and have pretty much the same effect, I can't see why the Supersquirt would have such a high avail. to it.

+Quote Post
Gremish
post Dec 23 2004, 12:20 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

Sand--As far as your Vehicle goes ill have to check it out and if its gonna be a Tank van then we might just give it like some outragious thing like VERY visible armor ect so people know what it is limiting its use which will compensate for the increased availablility or you could always have it started and work for the other items in game =D

Tash-- Sounds awsome Covert ops is my personal favorite =D

Max-- whatever you all decide you need as a group is all you =D Im not gonna tell anyone what to be or what not to be unless it conflicts with smethign which niether of ur charsseem to =)

+Quote Post
Sandoval Smith
post Dec 23 2004, 02:21 PM
Post #24

Running Target

Well, the reason I chose the Bulldog security model is because, as Rigger 3 states, "It is the most common truck in the delivery business and its base model comes with concealed armor. Though everyone knows that the bulldog has 'concealed' armed, only the most discerning eye can tell if it's the Standard, or Security version, a mystery that has kept many packages safe that otherwise might not have been." A handy reason to have photovoltic paint, transponder library, and morphic license plate presets to mimic the appearance and license of actual delivery vehicles. I.E a Damngood Coffee delivery truck, or Stinky Pete's Biological Waste Removal Service (We step in it, so you don't have to). The character's philosphy is that 'fast getaways might be fast, but they draw attention, too much attention. The best escape is the one when no one even realizes that you are escaping." Hence why he likes the five points of concealed armor. He doesn't want to drive a tank. They're conspicuous, and draw attention, whereas no one is really going to think anything unusual if they notice the armor on the Bulldog.

As for the Supersquirt, it's my favorite gun for quiet, non lethal takedowns. I just don't remember it being an availibility 9. Either my memory is bad, or there's some errata on that. I'm wondering which is which. I suppose this is just something that he can work for once the game gets started.

Here's the background and the write up for him (and wow, I didn't mean for the story to get that long, but...)
Chauncy Gardener.

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Mugzy
post Dec 23 2004, 03:26 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

This is great. Looks like its coming together nicely.

Nice writeup by the way Sand.

Ecclesiastes and I have got together on AIM to go over a few character things, and if you wanted to ping me, my SN is GabrielAfr.

Also, I do have a headset microphone (Thanks to all the Battlefield '42 and 'Nam and Diablo 2) and use Teamspeak2, as its simple and free.

Currently Im planning out a Decker, even though building a deck is a pain in the ass. (Thank god for guys like McMackie to make NSRCG)

One thing- Gremish, are there any books you are prohibiting in character creation? (certain cyberware or spells, guns, etc.) Or are you sticking with straight Avail 8?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:18 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.