Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bug in cybercombat rules, Hack. pool canīt be used in resistance t
Lycan
post Jan 28 2005, 01:16 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,012

Have anyone noticed that in cybercombat, hacking pool dice can only be used in the attack test ? If you read the page 226 in SR3 carefully, you will see that it is explicit: attack tests are augmented by hacking pool dice. When you go to the icon attribute resistance test, there is no such comment. Behold the Trace IC construct!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Demosthenes
post Jan 28 2005, 01:28 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,850

That's not a bug.

That's a feature.

:cyber:

[Edit]
I mean, perhaps it's an "intentional oversight", left out so that deckers have even more incentive to avoid cybercombat. Or some such drek.
Doesn't make much sense though, does it?
[/Edit]

+Quote Post
mfb
post Jan 28 2005, 04:48 PM
Post #3

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

SR3 page 207's description of the hacking pool includes defense tests in the list of things hacking pool can be used on.

+Quote Post
Lycan
post Jan 28 2005, 07:32 PM
Post #4

Target

I think the brief "defense tests" note refers to defensive combat maneuvers, not to the attributes resistance tests. Do you think you can add hacking pool dices to Bod resistance tests? It has to be the same thing for evasion attribute resistance tests against trace IC.

+Quote Post
Zeel De Mort
post Jan 28 2005, 09:51 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,175

We allow it for almost all tests, including the Bod and Evasion rolls you mentioned, and also other attribute tests like Position-Attack etc. You could also add it to plain old Attack tests if you wanted, although there's often no need.

Not sure if this is strictly by the rules or not, sounds like it's not, but I'll look it up!

+Quote Post
Necro Tech
post Jan 29 2005, 08:19 AM
Post #6

UMS O.G.

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,335

There is no bug and yes you can use hacking pool in all tests unless it says otherwise. The section on pools states explicitly that it works on attack, defense, manuevers and even attribute tests and programming.

+Quote Post
Lycan
post Jan 29 2005, 12:19 PM
Post #7

Target

Thank you everybody. I think this discussion is close. I checked out and hacking pool really can be used on attribute tests.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:19 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.