Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spirit COmbat, How?
Luca
post Feb 2 2005, 11:43 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,619

From second ed. I remember that confrontation between two spirits was simply an opposed test between the two forces, now it is a real combat.
Am I wrong?
I think that the older method was quicker (and better) and I would like to use it with 3rd edition. Any comment or suggestion?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Feb 2 2005, 01:23 PM
Post #2

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

Yes it's a melee test, but with all relevant attributes and skills beinf Force, an opposed Force test wouldn't screw the pooch too much if you want to go that way. Opposed tests do have a tendency to heavily favour whoever has the highest number, though. Statistically, I think a melee test vs TN 4 for everyone is more fair. But as a GM, to speed things up, you could just do opposed test.

+Quote Post
Brazila
post Feb 2 2005, 05:23 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,278

I was thinking the opposed force things was in there somewhere for battles of elementals of an opposed type. I looked and all I could find was on Pg 188 BBB it says "spirits may fight each other directly. Such combat follows the standard rules for combat, astral or physical, depending on the spirit's form.

+Quote Post
Bigity
post Feb 2 2005, 07:15 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,024

Yea, I'm pretty sure this "banishing" kind of mechanic only applied to elemental types who oppose each other.

+Quote Post
Luca
post Feb 3 2005, 08:51 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,619

Where it is said in Shadowrun 3rd ed, that combat between elementals work slike the old spirit combat? (opposed test)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:04 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.