Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can Adept Powers Be 'Upgraded'?
Leviathan
post Feb 8 2005, 08:03 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,305

Hey, I was wondering, say I have Killing Hands lvl 2 (Medium), once I get enough Karma for another Magic Point, could I upgrade that to lvl 3 (Serious)? Or is it a case of GM discretion?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mfb
post Feb 8 2005, 08:09 AM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

yes, they can be upgraded. otherwise, the point costs would make no sense. for instance, Improved Reflexes is statistically identical to Wired Reflexes cyberware, and has a comparable cost. the cost of Wired Reflexes is not cumulative; therefore, the cost of Improved Reflexes shouldn't be, either.

+Quote Post
U_Fester
post Feb 8 2005, 05:09 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,863

Thanks for the question and reply. I was courious about that myself.

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Feb 8 2005, 09:07 PM
Post #4

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Shadowrun FAQ)
If an adept wishes to improve an adept power with different levels (such as Increased Reflexes, Improved Ability, Mystic Armor and Combat Sense), does he need to buy the new power all over again from scratch, or just pay the difference between the two levels?

The adept is, in effect, increasing his or her natural abilities, so only needs to pay the difference. For example, improving from Killing Hands S (power point cost of 2) to Killing Hands D (power point cost of 4) would cost 2 more power points, not 4.

Linkage. There's a reason they made the thing you know. ;)

+Quote Post
mfb
post Feb 8 2005, 09:21 PM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

it's not canon! you can't force me to use that! that's just a houserule! you suck!

i knew there was something that stated that. couldn't recall where.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:00 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.