Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Runic Tattoos, Well, why not?
Ancient History
post Feb 28 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #1

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,935

Druid magicians combine the Runic Enchanting rules with Tattoo Magic to create magical rune tattoos that only activate in certain conditions! Sounds great, eh?
:cyber:
It wouldn't really work, because a Quickened spell is not a focus, even if you use Enchanting to make the inks.
:S
But otherwise, the idea of activating and deactivating a Quickened spell by doing something...chanting a phrase, rubbing blood on it, what have you...seems like a neat idea, neh?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
torzzzzz
post Feb 28 2005, 10:57 PM
Post #2

It's for winners

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,067

Well yes i can see your point but if i got hold of someone with the tattoo i would cut it form his body and burn it in front of him just for a giggle, but i know a shaman that would be very interested in that one.

erm...... of course not me personaly! i quite like em

torz x :rotfl:

+Quote Post
Charon
post Feb 28 2005, 11:01 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 7,087

Shouldn't be tattoos for these traditions. It should involve carving or branding of the flesh IMO. There are legends along these lines from these area, I believe.

The 7th sea RPG is based loosely on a mythic Europe and did just that for their rune masters type of sorcerer.

+Quote Post
hahnsoo
post Feb 28 2005, 11:07 PM
Post #4

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,014

Well, the Tattoo magic rules state that it can be either Tattooing or ritual scarification to produce the effect. I suppose if you wanted to look freaky, you could have a whole text of runes running up and down your back...

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Mar 1 2005, 02:00 AM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Ah, c'mon. You could use woad, spiral-like designs...Hell, the dragons on the wrists.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:45 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.