IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Policlubs/groups, involved in any interesting ones?
fistandantilus4....
post Mar 10 2005, 04:53 AM
Post #1

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

Just wondering, anyone ever have any characters in any groups like the Sons of Sauron, Humanis, Black lodge, or something interesting like that? other than organized crime? How 'bout a member on an insect spirit hive? or the IOND?
just wondering how often any of these groups are actually used in the game.
or even just a particularly interesting magical group, like one a mage of mine joined. You had to have some kind of para-critter as a pet. I had a hell hound I found as a pup (and then burned all my furniture). One poor guy had a devil rat. Very sad.

Anywho, what have you guys got/done? Do they ever come up in your games as anything other than opposition?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crimson Jack
post Mar 10 2005, 05:19 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,712

I've used the Black Lodge once, but no PC has ever wanted to be involved with one.

+Quote Post
Prospero
post Mar 10 2005, 05:13 AM
Post #3

Illuminate of the New Dawn

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 4,700

I used the New Jesuits once. A character I was GMing was a "former" New Jesuit (had "apparently" transfered to the Jesuits and settled down, but was really the NJs eyes and ears in Seattle). They were cool.

+Quote Post
hahnsoo
post Mar 10 2005, 05:16 AM
Post #4

Mr. Johnson

Member No.: 7,014

Currently, in our Las Vegas campaign, we have a conspiratorial initiatory group called the Showgirls (serving a Shadow free spirit at the moment. They are actively trying to "recruit" the Raccoon shaman in the team, which mostly involves beating her up in astral space at inopportune times), the Sons of Dan (radical Mormon Danite sect a la "Study in Scarlet"), and a couple of prominent gangs. Most of the conflict, though, centers around the Comanche Mafia and the Verontesse Mafia Family. Sadly, with the campaign set in 2058, we can't do much with the Universal Brotherhood/Bug City (since that's AFTER the CZ goes down). Most the factions in Ute nation are centered around an Anti-Anglo bias, which limits some of the options for policlubbers (although in Vegas, anything goes).

+Quote Post
Mortax
post Mar 10 2005, 06:03 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,950

Some of us joined winternight once. Iwas playing a troll street sam, that ended up turning into a dzoo no qua. :-)

Oh, and one guy was in ORK. Other than that, no.

+Quote Post
Akai Sokata
post Mar 10 2005, 07:05 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 7,142

I have had a Paladyne Physad in my grope, a member of the ares firewatch team once.

+Quote Post
hahnsoo
post Mar 10 2005, 10:47 PM
Post #7

Mr. Johnson

Member No.: 7,014

QUOTE (Akai Sokata @ Mar 10 2005, 02:05 PM)
I have had a Paladyne Physad in my grope, a member of the ares firewatch team once.

I'm afraid to ask. How does that work?? Both the "grope" part and the character background?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:22 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.