Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Policlubs/groups
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fistandantilus4.0
Just wondering, anyone ever have any characters in any groups like the Sons of Sauron, Humanis, Black lodge, or something interesting like that? other than organized crime? How 'bout a member on an insect spirit hive? or the IOND?
just wondering how often any of these groups are actually used in the game.
or even just a particularly interesting magical group, like one a mage of mine joined. You had to have some kind of para-critter as a pet. I had a hell hound I found as a pup (and then burned all my furniture). One poor guy had a devil rat. Very sad.

Anywho, what have you guys got/done? Do they ever come up in your games as anything other than opposition?
Crimson Jack
I've used the Black Lodge once, but no PC has ever wanted to be involved with one.
Prospero
I used the New Jesuits once. A character I was GMing was a "former" New Jesuit (had "apparently" transfered to the Jesuits and settled down, but was really the NJs eyes and ears in Seattle). They were cool.
hahnsoo
Currently, in our Las Vegas campaign, we have a conspiratorial initiatory group called the Showgirls (serving a Shadow free spirit at the moment. They are actively trying to "recruit" the Raccoon shaman in the team, which mostly involves beating her up in astral space at inopportune times), the Sons of Dan (radical Mormon Danite sect a la "Study in Scarlet"), and a couple of prominent gangs. Most of the conflict, though, centers around the Comanche Mafia and the Verontesse Mafia Family. Sadly, with the campaign set in 2058, we can't do much with the Universal Brotherhood/Bug City (since that's AFTER the CZ goes down). Most the factions in Ute nation are centered around an Anti-Anglo bias, which limits some of the options for policlubbers (although in Vegas, anything goes).
Mortax
Some of us joined winternight once. Iwas playing a troll street sam, that ended up turning into a dzoo no qua. smile.gif

Oh, and one guy was in ORK. Other than that, no.
Akai Sokata
I have had a Paladyne Physad in my grope, a member of the ares firewatch team once.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Akai Sokata @ Mar 10 2005, 02:05 PM)
I have had a Paladyne Physad in my grope, a member of the ares firewatch team once.

I'm afraid to ask. How does that work?? Both the "grope" part and the character background?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012