> Drones, Pilot, and Captain's Chair, "Engage" "N-Gage?" "Stupid cellphone..."
CirclMastr
post Sep 11 2003, 08:32 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,929

Me and my silly ideas.

Here I thought that I could make a drone rigger (now that I finally have Rigger 3 Revised). I had in mind someone who controlled his drones from the captain's chair, coordinating movement and tactics, maybe with BattleTac IVIS if I could afford it...

Then I look and see the max Pilot rating for a drone at chargen is 3. And that rating 5 Pilot costs 2.5M :nuyen:

:eek:

Is my dream dead? Is there any feasible way for a drone rigger to control drones from captain's chair mode? Please? :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
phelious fogg
post Sep 11 2003, 08:36 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,408

Rating three isnt bad.. thats still really good and you can give them atuo softs to make them better.. Sharpshooter is highly recomended..

+Quote Post
Zazen
post Sep 12 2003, 02:48 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,123

There are autosofts and there are drones which don't really need good pilot ratings (surveillance blimp drones, drones firing really big automatic guns that can use searching or suppression fire, drones that fire intelligent missiles, drones that just home in and blow up, drones used to confuse or distract).

To be any level of badass you'll need to jump directly into the drone, though. Your best bet is to accept that and get good at it. The difference between an autonomous drone and a rigged drone is tremendous.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:19 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.