Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Changing Manipulation Spells, Compiled suggestions
Eyeless Blond
post Mar 25 2005, 01:49 AM
Post #1

Decker on the Threshold

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,156

I... actually don't have any ideas for this one (:oops:), but I felt it should be included for completeness. Anyone else with proposed changes/additions for Manipulations?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 25 2005, 01:52 AM
Post #2

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

Split the category into at least 2 groups. Transmutation and Telekinesis are both valid groups. But I think they should redo all categories.

+Quote Post
Aristotle
post Mar 25 2005, 02:19 AM
Post #3

Slacker Extraordinaire

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 997

I agree ... if this is going to be as big a change in the rules as some folks are predicting, I wouldn't mind seeing magic being completely redone on several fronts. And recategorizing spells would be a good start.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Mar 25 2005, 03:33 AM
Post #4

Immoral Elf

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,486

Move the damaging Elemental Manipulations back into the Combat category where they belong.

+Quote Post
Lucyfersam
post Mar 25 2005, 03:32 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,137

As I was saying under combat spells, I would like to see the elemental spell returned to combat, but I think the Elemental Manipulation spells should also be kept. They serve different purposes and each have there advantages so keep both.

+Quote Post
GunnerJ
post Mar 25 2005, 03:46 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,634

By canon, an aspected mage attuned to the fire element (so he can cast and conjure, within the "domain" of fire) cannot cast a Flamethrower spell. However, the same aspected mage attuned to earth can cast not only Flamethrower, but Lightning Bolt, Acid Stream, Control Thoughts, Magic Fingers, and a buttload else. The fire elementalist gets all those incredibly useful combat spells.

This is problematic.

+Quote Post
Lucyfersam
post Mar 25 2005, 06:38 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,137

I agree with GunnerJ that some changes need to be made to the elementally aspected mages, but I'm not sure the best way to it is. Fire mages really should have access to all the fire based manipulation spells , while I wouldn't give them the stun based combat spells (fire not being known for it's friendly subduing nature). I'm really not sure how to do them without writing up a spell list for each one, or leaving it up to GM discretion. Anyone else have any good ideas how to deal with this?

+Quote Post
Rev
post Mar 26 2005, 02:34 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,034

It would be nice if Control Thoughts was severely gimped. That spell is WAY too good.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:16 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.