Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Artwork in V.4, Any news?
ripper106
post Mar 26 2005, 08:48 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,241

Hey there, this is my first post. I've been playing SR for a long time, since V.2 (admittedly there are probably people on here that have been playing longer than me), and I was wondering if there is any word on what direction the artwork will be taking. They mentioned a "more graphic" look, but I was wondering exactly what that meant? Are we talking graphic as in Frank Miller graphic, large chunks of black and white, or are we talking Ron Spencer graphic, as in gore-a-plenty? Or was that in refrence to the layout of the books, as in not such a standard two column with images stuck in kind of thing, but more "funky".
Lastly, I was wondering if the art submission guidelines are any different now that there is a new direction being taken, or if submitters should just use the old guidelines.
Thanks alot, and good to be here. =]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Patrick Goodman
post Mar 26 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #2

Tilting at Windmills

Member No.: 388

No clue at this point. At this point, Rob might know what he's got in mind for a direction, but it hasn't filtered further down the totem pole as yet. I'm sure the current art guidelines will still be valid, however, so if you're artistically inclined, give it a shot.

+Quote Post
ripper106
post Mar 27 2005, 12:14 AM
Post #3

Target

Thanks alot.
=]

+Quote Post
DragginSPADE
post Mar 27 2005, 01:56 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,119

QUOTE (ripper106)
Hey there, this is my first post.

Welcome.

+Quote Post
ripper106
post Mar 27 2005, 04:52 AM
Post #5

Target

Thanks to you, as well. =]

+Quote Post
Sepherim
post Mar 27 2005, 11:21 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,446

Sure, go for it. Maybe the style isn't the appropriate for SR4, but if you're goof enough, Rob will probably remember you when you send new things later on for SR4.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Mar 27 2005, 06:37 PM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 185

Note that art for all books is done on spec - meaning artists who the developers are acquainted with through previous work or through their portfolios are contracted and given guidelines and draft material to illustrate from. In my experience FanPro actually grants its artists quite a bit of leeway in this respect compared to some companies that require specific briefs be met.

So, in practice what really matters is conveying the right style, atmosphere and knowledge of the backdrop/setting in the illustration portfolio you send in to showcase your work, rather than specific content. If the developer likes it and sees you're capable of professional level work (as well as being able to keep to very tight deadlines and acting professionally) then there's a fair chance that he might get in touch.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:15 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.