IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mages, Astral Vision and Long-Range, How does it work?
Perssek
post Mar 27 2005, 06:56 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,968

Hey, guys (and girls), I have a problem here.

Iīm GMing our first SR2 after a long time (last one was five years ago, I guess), and we had an incident were I had to rule something I couldnīt find in any book.

Letīs see: the team was about to kick some go-gang ass in their own turf. To do such, they did some undercover recon on the place for weeks before, gained the local neighborhood trust and then layed an attack plan.

Problem was, one of the key players (a sniper adept) couldnīt go to the session where the shooting started. So the mage had to trade places with him, since he was the only one that wasnīt affected by range. He sat at the sniperīs nest, a 10-stories building that gave full view to the go-gangers lair entrance. He was armed with his mumbo-jumbo and a nice low-light optical binoculars (so he could aim at LOS without problems).

But when the crap started to hit the fan, the streets lights went off, and he had trouble finding his targets. Then he switched to Astral Vision. And here comes the problem: Could he see astrally trough the binocularīs amplification?

I ruled that he could - the BBB donīt say anything against, but Iīm still uncertain if itīs legal or not.

What do you say?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Mar 27 2005, 07:02 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

His physical vision extends through the scope, his astral vision does not. Why? Because the scope only exists on the physical plane.

Now, we could extend this arguement that astral sight isn't technically "sight," but rather an astral sense that we call "sight" because we lack the proper language and common ground to define it better (i.e. it has nothing to do with your eyes, or light as we know it in the physical sense. In most cases, anyway.)

+Quote Post
Perssek
post Mar 27 2005, 07:20 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 6,968

QUOTE (Ancient History)
His physical vision extends through the scope, his astral vision does not. Why? Because the scope only exists on the physical plane.

So, you say that he could only target without the scope (astrally, at least)? Well, I thought so at first, but wasnīt certain. Makes sense, though.

But he could still aim through those small and faint auras that he could see from a 10-stories building 2 blocks away, right (with some modifiers, of course)?

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Mar 27 2005, 07:26 AM
Post #4

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

It's outdoors in a city, so there still should be enough ambient light for Low Light vision (or enhancements) to works.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:28 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.