Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Enhanced Movement Spell, Moving like hell
Lycan
post Apr 21 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,012

In SR2 my adepts(and samurais) could run ~100 meters/turn and I miss that now.

I wanted to make an SR3 adept who moved like hell and the idea came...
I need a Enhanced Movement Spell tatooed by my shaman fellow.
He makes his conjuring roll, I transfer some of my good karma to improve his familiar spirit energy, and in turn he makes my tatoo.

Ok, the problem is: There is no Enhanced Movement Spell.
Only spirits have that kind of power. Magicians can fly a bit fast with Levitate spell also.
I donīt know if SR3 developers cut out the SR2 [Increased reflexes = fast movement] rules becaused it compromised game play or simply because it was an inconsistent cost/benefit.

If it is the later, nothing prohibits us from creating the spell right ?
I want some suggestions on a Enhanced Movement spell that would not compromise game mechanics but wich still be useful when compared to Levitate. I think that, in the end ,people should not be able to run more the three or four times the normal.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoof
post Apr 22 2005, 11:04 AM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 6,993

Ok, first off there's the Sprint adept power, from SOTA 2064 (I think).

Going through the design rules creating an Enhanced Movement

Telekinetic Manipulation
Minor Physical Change (M)
Physical (+1)
Sustained (+1 DL)

Total drain code of (+1)S.

If it's anything like the Movement power, you could probably multiply or divide the speed of the target by the number of successes. TN would probably be 4 for living creatures.

I'm not certain how it'd work on objects. The TN for the Movement power is half the vehicle's Body, and it only modifies the speed based on the vehicle's Acceleration. That may be too powerful, using the OR of the vehicle, or perhaps the Body would be more appropriate.

Any comments?

Snoof

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Apr 22 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #3

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

As an adept i would prefer the sprint power.

@snoof: how does your spell increase movement? Increases the running multiplicator or gives succeses similar to using athlethics?

+Quote Post
Snoof
post Apr 22 2005, 11:21 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 6,993

I thought it'd multiply your speed by the number of successes, similar to Movement.

And I also noticed after I posted the above that the discussion is going on in a different thread. My bad.

Snoof

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:28 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.