Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OOC: Guns, Germs, & Steel
mallet
post Apr 29 2005, 02:49 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,215

Welcome to the OOC section of the Guns, Germs and Steel game.

I will be editing this main post over the course of the game to add in public notices, player rolecalls, and other bit's of info. please check back often.

For now the players should say "hi." and get to know each other, maybe give brief descriptions of your characters, but please no specific details.

PLAYER LIST

jklst14
whizbang
gobogen
kaosaur

Carry on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mallet
post Apr 29 2005, 02:56 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

One of the first things we need to do is figure out how often people can post and what posting regiment is best for everyone.

Please post and let us know what will work best for you.

I can always get on at least once a day, usually more often.

+Quote Post
gobogen
post Apr 29 2005, 04:29 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 5,686

For now the players should say "hi."

"hi" , says I. ;)

My character is a young human shaman named Storm. I hope you will all come to like him :D

I can easily post once a day, often more than that.

+Quote Post
Kaosaur
post Apr 29 2005, 04:55 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 7,335

I usually check throughout the day multiple times...It'll be rare that I go the whole day without visiting the site. Posting is no problem.
The only difficulty is access to the books, since a lot of the time I'll be doing this from work so I guess if they're necessary I can wait until I get home to make posts..but that's usually after midnight EST.

+Quote Post
Whizbang
post Apr 29 2005, 09:35 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 6,645

I pretty much post daily.

+Quote Post
jklst14
post Apr 29 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #6

CosaNostra Deliverator

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,034

I can't access Dumpshock from work so I won't be able to post during work hours. However, I can usually post multiple times during the times I am off work.

+Quote Post
mallet
post Apr 30 2005, 01:43 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

ok, it looks like daily is good for everyone. That's great. If anyone is going to be away or unable to post for a day or two please let me know, otherwise we will be stuck waiting for you and that's not really fair to everyone else.

next thing is all you guys will be making your own rolls (unless it gets to unbelievable) and post the results here in the OOC thread. I'll be making all the usual rolls for you that the GM makes, perception, availability, etc... I'll also be giving you target numbers, ranges, conditions, background count, etc... in the OOC or by PM. Sound good?

I am moving this weekend, but I should be checking back on and off so if you guys have any questions just post and I'll get them.

I hope to get the game started monday or tuesday (most likely tuesday). I will let you guys know the details as we get closer to game time.

thanks

+Quote Post
gobogen
post Apr 30 2005, 01:52 AM
Post #8

Running Target

I can't wait for this game to get started !!!! I'm really excited about my character and the seemingly mysterious nature of this game. Seems like it's gonna be intricate and very interesting. Now don't disappoint me ;)

+Quote Post
mallet
post May 3 2005, 12:49 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Ok, here we go.

After some delay the game will be starting tomorrow afternoon.

I am going to do things a bit different with this game then others games you might have played online. One of the things I am going for is a very "novel"-style approach. Meaning that anyone reading the IC thread should be able to read and follow allong like they are reading a book which also means they shouldn't have to skip to the OOC thread to know what's going on. I know it will take sometime for all of us to get into that "style" of posting, but it is something to work for.

An other thing I am going to do is a "lead-in" post (or posts) to establish the setting and the characters. So please do not take offence if I "use" your characters at the begining of the game before you begin to post/play.

Also since this game is focused around the characters you have created and their backgrounds expect a level of detail and involvment not usually sceen in these types of game (at least I hope that is what happens. :) )

Another also, is that in order for the story to make sense "plot-wise" I am going to be "introducing" you into the game as it goes along. The basic outline is this:

We will be starting the story with jklst14, then Whizbang will join in, then gobogen and finally Kaosaur. This is because of your histories and backgrounds and what make sense for the storyline I have come up with. I will inform you by PM (and here on the ooc thread) when you can start to post on the IC thread (although it should hopefully be obvious from the postings).

But everyone please feel free to read along right from the begining and post comments and advice in the OOC thread for those that have already started playing.

And finally, I still need updated character sheets from all of you (except jklst14) taking into accound the changes and bonus's your characters have recieved.

Sound good? I hope so.

Ok, everyone feel free to start OOC posting comments and suggestions, etc... and get ready for the game to start-up tomorrow.

Thanks.

+Quote Post
Kaosaur
post May 3 2005, 03:59 AM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 7,335

I don't need to send you anything else, right? >:D

+Quote Post
mallet
post May 3 2005, 05:18 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

I don't need to send you anything else, right?

Right.

+Quote Post
Whizbang
post May 3 2005, 09:54 PM
Post #12

Running Target

Thought I posted this already, but seem's it's not there anymore or I forgot... but anyways, you got mail :)

+Quote Post
jklst14
post May 3 2005, 09:59 PM
Post #13

CosaNostra Deliverator

I was about to post my reply earlier this afternoon when the forums went down. Now, I don't see the IC thread. Anyone else having this problem?

+Quote Post
Whizbang
post May 3 2005, 09:04 PM
Post #14

Running Target

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...=0&#entry253925

Ah...so it wasn't just me forgetting to post.

+Quote Post
gobogen
post May 3 2005, 10:08 PM
Post #15

Running Target

yes this is very strange but thanks to Whizbang we have the explanation .. I'm sure our GM has the text he first posted in a document on his computer somewhere (or at least I sure hope that he does!!)

For when the IC thread will be up again: Could you remind me what are the effects of the background count please?

+Quote Post
mallet
post May 3 2005, 10:19 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Must be one of those days...

I'll get the IC thread back up and running in a few moments.

As I said before there is a background count of TWO for the duration of the heat wave. This means all magical target numbers are at +2 and all drain checks are at +1.

Jklst14 is the first up to post, everyone else will be jumping in as the game goes along. (most likely with in the next day or two, depending on the speed of the posts).

IC should be back in a bit.

thanks.

+Quote Post
mallet
post May 3 2005, 10:18 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Ok, IC is back.

Let's continue. And hope that there are no more problems.

+Quote Post
jklst14
post May 3 2005, 10:28 PM
Post #18

CosaNostra Deliverator

Mallet,
I've posted my reply. I'll be gone most of the evening but should be able to post again when I get back home tonight.

jkl

PS: Jason is using astral perception to take a look around and then he's going to try to find a way to sneak into the building

+Quote Post
mallet
post May 5 2005, 03:10 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Ok, you can keep looking astral if you like and make a roll (TN 6) to gather more info, but the pull of the toxic power might be hard to resist (willpower check) if you stay astral too long.

Also a stealth check (TN 3) to sneak past EX-Edger to get to the fire escape. No check to climb.

+Quote Post
jklst14
post May 5 2005, 05:25 AM
Post #20

CosaNostra Deliverator

Since astral was looking pretty nasty, Stark will just stop perceiving right away.

As for Stealth, here's my roll:

4, 4, 4, 2

+Quote Post
mallet
post May 6 2005, 02:12 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Hey, Jklst14 to prevent me from controling your character too much, if you make a sucess like that you can post the outcome. (ie, sneaking past ex-edger and starting to climb)

Just don't switch to another setting (like the roof) without letting me post a reply.

that way you can still write what your character feels etc... and things can go a bit faster.

Sound good?

+Quote Post
jklst14
post May 6 2005, 04:11 AM
Post #22

CosaNostra Deliverator

No problem, boss :)

+Quote Post
jklst14
post May 7 2005, 03:15 AM
Post #23

CosaNostra Deliverator

Stark is going to try a perception test to learn what he can about the pair of figures on the rooftop, using all his various heightened senses and his perceptive edge.

Results: 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 2

In an unrelated matter, as I noted in a previous email, I'll be out of town for 4-6 days starting Sunday and my ability to post will likely be curtailed.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
mallet
post May 7 2005, 08:11 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

That's ok, Jklst14. Have fun on your trip. It is also the perfect time to switch over to Whizbang to start up his character, so you can read along on his posts. I might make one or two posts in your name while you are gone, but it will be nothing major. Post OOC when you get back so we can get you back into the game.

Whizbang, we will be starting up your story now. I will make the first post, later today or tomorrow morning. You can start posting after that. Sound good?

As for everyone else, just sit tight, you will be in this soon, I promise.

+Quote Post
Whizbang
post May 7 2005, 08:30 PM
Post #25

Running Target

Works for me.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:50 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.