Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My crappy shadowrun webcomic....
Squinky
post May 6 2005, 05:42 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,377

Hey all, just wanted to post my webcomic that is shadowrun related....Thought some of you might get a kick out of it....

http://www.drunkduck.com/25_cent_life/

I'm new at this whole webcomic thing, but I'd like to think I'm doing okay, any comments would rock....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
frostPDP
post May 6 2005, 05:59 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,205

Art isn't bad at all. The plot might require a little sprucing up, but it isn't bad either. Its more geared toward people who know what SR is than people who don't, from what I can tell - No real mention that its the year 2060, not too much (then again, enough) detail about what Shadowrunners do, and blather blather. That all can be addressed later on.

All in all, not bad.

+Quote Post
The Question
post May 6 2005, 06:06 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 7,166

This site has some useful resources for online comics.

+Quote Post
weblife
post May 6 2005, 06:54 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,318

Not bad at all.

I want to see that cocky elf get beat on his mouth! :cyber:

+Quote Post
shadow_scholar
post May 6 2005, 09:51 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,059

ha ha! That's great! I love Scid's deadpan humor. And that first ghoul's face had me laughing out loud. Ah, good times. Keep it up!

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post May 7 2005, 04:52 AM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,252

Haha, this is pretty great.

+Quote Post
Squinky
post May 8 2005, 06:29 AM
Post #7

Running Target

QUOTE (frostPDP)
Art isn't bad at all. The plot might require a little sprucing up, but it isn't bad either. Its more geared toward people who know what SR is than people who don't, from what I can tell - No real mention that its the year 2060, not too much (then again, enough) detail about what Shadowrunners do, and blather blather. That all can be addressed later on.

All in all, not bad.

Thanks for checking it out guys! I got a ton of page views when I posted here so obviously it was a good idea....I don't really talk a lot about the actaul shadowrun things because I was afraid to dump that all right in the front....I might use a little "History lesson" after this session with scids done, could help me get a little better writing going also....

Anyways, glad that you guys liked it, I just slapped up another page....If you're looking for the Elf to get beat on it's coming soon....Heh

+Quote Post
frostPDP
post May 8 2005, 08:19 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,205

Curious; How often do you plan to update, and do you plan to get your own domain name/hosting.

MY personal hosting choice is www.bqinternet.com but that's because one of my close friends runs it. Not to mention that it was going for two years of uptime before the big New York Blackout, during which its battery backups just couldn't handle the 24+ hour period without power :( Fun night though!

Also, advertisement is an issue when you get big, so just be on the lookout for that and don't let loot determine things.

[edit] If you're going for a non-SRbackgrounded thing, start him off with ordinary Explosives and have him get Ex-Ex later. That way Ex-Ex seems like a step up rather than "Oh look, extra-explosive." Which is a rather silly phrase. "extra" explosive? More C4 in it...? Who knows?

+Quote Post
Tziluthi
post May 8 2005, 12:35 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,112

I like it. It has that wise-ass private detective feel to it, which I feel is appropriate for Shadowrun. I hope to see more of it in time. If there is one thing the web ought not to have a shortage of, it is Shadowrun web comics.

+Quote Post
hermit
post May 8 2005, 12:58 PM
Post #10

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

I like it. :)

Your art is pretty good, the story could be more complex, but hey, it's just beginning, so who am I to tell. Keep it up!

Persnally, I like the smartass private eye tone of it, and the elf's looks (tie and all). One thing I might nag about constructively is colours - I'd have done them much dimmmer and darker, especially in the sewers (but then, it's your comic and not mine, if I ever get it going I can make it as dim and dark as I want) - but overall, a very sweet webcomic I'll definitly follow!

Anyone looking for more SR-ish webcomics, check out Kitsune's Bulletproof for another SR webcomic (the only other one I know of) and Lead Salad's Monica Furious (classic cyberpbunk comic), in case you didn't know them.

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post May 8 2005, 04:26 PM
Post #11

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

QUOTE (hermit)

Anyone looking for more SR-ish webcomics, check out Kitsune's Bulletproof for another SR webcomic (the only other one I know of)

I was just looking at that.

http://kitsune.rydia.net/comics/sr0119.html

Heh, if it were me, "He's looking at your footprints in the bloody carpet!" would have been, "He just got a buttload of successes on his INT check! Stupid decker intelligence!"

+Quote Post
Club
post May 8 2005, 05:41 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,787

Love how your guy got his street handle. Love even more that he hates it.

+Quote Post
SpasticTeapot
post May 8 2005, 11:39 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,893

This is a really well done webcomic. Bravo!

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post May 9 2005, 01:06 AM
Post #14

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

heh, this is keenspot quality work :love:
it allso kinda reminds me of some of the art in the cybernet book...

+Quote Post
Squinky
post May 10 2005, 04:33 AM
Post #15

Running Target

Glad you guys liked it, I'll try and update about twice weekly (try is the word)...I know I need to work on the plot more so lets hope on that....I gotta new page up, so good times....

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post May 10 2005, 05:19 PM
Post #16

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

I mean this iin the most simpsonish way... Craptacular!

I like the story and the art is refreshing compared to all the manga shadowrun crap out there.

Keep it up. I will read it

+Quote Post
Bullet Raven
post May 10 2005, 08:31 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,362

I heart this. It's GREAT

+Quote Post
tj333
post May 12 2005, 12:31 AM
Post #18

Target

Member No.: 4,295

Nice.
That's going to be my next run.

Though I think that the players might be getting bored with the inexpirrienced Js so I'll play up the aspect of how this seems below them now.

Jrayjoker: Got some links to some of that "manga shadowrun crap"? Last one of those I read the fox guy threw me off but the moment they put a troll on screen I could just tell that it was SR.

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post May 12 2005, 12:37 PM
Post #19

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

I lost almost all of my links in a crash a couple months ago, and honestly I don't care enough to even remember the names of them. Most weren't directly SR related, but had the "feel" , if you nkow what I mean.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:43 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.