Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buggy Goodness, Sweet Home Chicago
Ancient History
post Jun 10 2005, 02:28 AM
Post #1

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,935

There once was a woman who swallowed a fly...

...I don't know why, she swallowed a fly...

...but I shot her and took the bounty on flesh forms anyway.

So come on! We're having a Cermak Blast Reunion Party! What was your favorite moment facing the bugs? I want to hear the most memorable one-liners since "Tastes like chicken." I want to know how you felt first reading Universal Brotherhood. Go into detail. Give me dreams of crawling insect life inspired by the drowning dragon on the cover of Threats. Let's go!

Feel free to make something up if it's more amusing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DocMortand
post Jun 10 2005, 02:37 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,734

Don't you mean PREunion, not reunion? ;) After all, it hasn't happened "yet".

I never got to face the bugs as a player, but as a GM I inflicted a nascent roach hive on my runners. They managed to survive, and killed the Roach shaman by suppression fire from grenades while the rest held off the spirits (the queen was just about to hatch!). They managed to finish him off just as the queen hatched and fled the nest. They were told that the queen was killed by the free spirit assisting them...but they haven't heard back from that spirit either.

I recently got my hands on the UB sourcebook - very neat, wish I'd had it when I was doing the original buggy runs in my campaign.

When is the exact date for the Cermak blast again? And I'll never forgive FASA for killing off the Chicago Cubs until SOTA:64. :grr:

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jun 10 2005, 02:46 AM
Post #3

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

I hated my first run - in with bugs. I was finishing an extraction with a mage character, on my way to a meet in the Redmond Barrens (solo run, in my Ford Americar). Someone else jsut hit a bug house, and tow massive beatles burst out threw the street, and decided my target would make a nice new bug and made off with him.... damn bugs

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:12 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.