Aku
post Jun 10 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #1

Running, running, running

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,769

Yep thats right, i'm working on one in Flash, and here is is: The Garage
or, to try

The basic design is there, and the bikes SHOULD be completely operational. Questions and comments and advice are always appreciated.

And, for easy of reference, i'm going to bold new things i add to this list, and itilacise things that are hopefully fixed.

Some of the math involved with some of these upgrades, is going to be a pain, and honestly, some things probably won't make it in there either because of mathematics
or the simple fact that theres too much of a GM variable (such as signature improvement, that sets the maximum value to "gm's option"; for those cases, i plan on having a running note file down the corner, for less substantial things.

Known Issues

It's not entirely complete! (it's still very much a work-in-progress)

Some numbers come up, well, funky, i haven't figured out why yet though, however, the values, are, as far as i can tell, correct, they just have a few extra digits..

Going back to a new chassis type keeps the old engine values until you select a new engine (so you need to reselect the engine every time)

Some buttons are bolded, some aren't, and i THINK it might change on each instance of running the program.

Probably alot more that i'm aware of and can't think of, or I'm not aware of...

Engine Customization mod is relatively finished, however, one part is still broke. It is possible to exceed the mathetmatical max by one step. For instance, if the max improvement on a 100 speed bike is 175, it IS possible to get the max to 190 because of 30 pt steps. The fix is easy, but i want to get everything else under the ATV's finished and then go back to tweak.

Fixed stuff

I broke the Fuel upgrade/downgrade...bad me
I broke some of the buttons so it is poosible to click them lower than they should go, subtracting from the DP, but having no affect on the value.
A new math issue came up, and i know why it's happening, i just haven't figure out the fix for it. On the handling values, if you start with an odd value, you can dip to .5 below, and then .5 above where you should be able to go, because my rounding isn't working (ok, well, at first, it wasn't there, and it still isn't because it's not working for me tonight.)The html garage (dont think it works but still)

This post has been edited by Aku: Jul 5 2007, 11:05 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jun 10 2005, 09:16 PM
Post #2

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

1) Link to this thread in other thread is broken.

2) Don't suppose there's any chance you're willing to distribute the source? I'd be interested in possibly helping out or porting it to Python and/or Java.

~J

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Jun 10 2005, 09:24 PM
Post #3

Chicago Survivor

Member No.: 6,033

It's my experience that for GM option type things, look at the highest stock and add on the best aftermarket add-on to max it out and go from that. Afterall the GM will tell them to take a hike if it's out of their idea of scope.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Jun 11 2005, 01:13 AM
Post #4

Frost
1)fixed (stupid me tried linking to the compuse message URL, oops)

2) sure, won't be a problem with proper credits and all. If you know flash feel free to give me a pm, or get me on aim or yahoo (i think both of those are in my profile)

Nikoli
I plan on doing that for some things, or taking the suggested values, but there's atleast one thing i can think of, that LITTERALLY every "variable" says "gm's choice", and i dont think it even gives a reccomended value...

+Quote Post
mrobviousjosh
post Jun 11 2005, 03:00 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,560

This looks great and is so easy to use. Will you include modifications like weapons, armor, and nitrous? Anyway, it looks great!

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jun 11 2005, 03:15 AM
Post #6

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

They are not, as it happens, in your profile, but you've got an email now.

~J

+Quote Post
Aku
post Jun 11 2005, 03:42 PM
Post #7

Kage
And you now have one as well, with the information i thought you'd find in my profile.

Mrob
Thanks, i do plan on adding everything that i can figure out how to code, but i want to get all of the "basics" done first, in other words, making sure all engines, chassis and basic "design" options (as opposed to custimization) work.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Jun 12 2005, 02:46 PM
Post #8

New features added, and a few new problems have arisen, but i thought it prudent that I add what is there (since i forgot to do that after the past few fixes), and since the next part of the project is going tob e time consuming to say the least.

What has been fixed
Issue with Handling and the rounding problem.

(ok, so thats a short list)

Added Features

Legal Splash screen.

With the exception of entry points and seating, all other basic design features should be there for bikes. (if you see something i missed, tell me) This includes Adding fuel, speed (i think), and the base signature options. With the Signature modifications, i put an artificial limit of 2 points in, beyond that,t he DP explodes anyways, and there are other ways to reduce the signature. I could change it to three points if 2 seems too low.

What I Broke in the Process

Well, you'll notice that you can get around the maximum CF values rather easily, just by spending some, and buying more CF, and then spending it, and then buying more.. etc etc... gotta fix that (somehow)

What's Next

Planning on getting the rest of the chassis and power plants entered.

This post has been edited by Aku: Jun 12 2005, 02:50 PM

+Quote Post
Ecclesiastes
post Jun 12 2005, 05:40 PM
Post #9

Jesus Freak

Member No.: 6,274

Is there any way you could set the buttons so that when we push them and hold the fuction will repeat? Having to click the button 120 times to get speed maxed out on a race bike gets a bit tedious.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Jun 12 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #10

I'll play around with it, there should be (and famous last words:it should be simple...)

EDIT: so much for simple, the command i thought would do it, doesn't, but i'm not giving up. Next release however, i'll bump everything like that to 5's and i'll have everything that has an odd number of values in a "small" type category i think.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Jun 14 2005, 07:13 PM
Post #11

Don't you get just as giddy as i do when you see this? 'Cuz i know i'm giddy...

UPDAAAAAATES!

What i fixed

Well, almost all of the button are now, NEW! and IMPROVED! Garuntee'd to reduce Carpel Tunnels Syndrome in it's users!

Yes, thats right, most of my buttons are now of the click and hold variety. Exceptions to this are the signature options (because, well, there is only two levels), economy, because it did something funky with my formula, and the fuel increase/decrease, which, as you'll notice, is pretty much completely broken at this pooint (hehe, oops?) I know what it's doing, sort of why it's doing it, just not how to fix it (yet)

But why isn't there more done Aku?!

Because A) I'm really a total amatuer at this, and B) getting the click and hold required a near complete re-write of the code heh. With that said

Whats Next?
Either a) chassis for other types of vehicles, or B) some of the more advanced design options.

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jun 14 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #12

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

I just noticed that I could keep clicking "speed decrease" on the bikes page with the speed staying at 60 (or whatever it happened to be) and the cost kept going down.

[edit] I had to click individually to get this effect. The holddown function did not generate this error.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Jun 14 2005, 07:36 PM
Post #13

gah, i knew i forgot to add something to the things i broke, I knew about that, but i'm not sure how to fix it yet, either, so, just don't click past it heh

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jun 14 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #14

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

No problem.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Jun 14 2005, 08:13 PM
Post #15

problem band-aided, atleast for load and speed, the only two that seem to be doing it. Will be posting it in a moment

+Quote Post
Bearclaw
post Jun 15 2005, 03:07 PM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Member No.: 1,304

Do you need help?
I'm not a programmer, but I can input .dat files if you give me a template.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Jun 15 2005, 03:48 PM
Post #17

Thanks for the offer Bearclaw, if you can get ahold of me on either AIM or Yahoo, I'll give you the format I'm using. They're not dat files perse, as flash doesn't use them, so all it will be is a giant text file that i then copy into the buttons in flash, but it's really the worse part of data entrying in this project. I've got all of the chassis info from slacker already, i think, so all that will be left is the power plants.

Unfortunately, there isn't anyway to template the design customization options.

aim/yahoo
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Jun 15 2005, 03:59 PM
Post #18

Runner

Member No.: 5,776

Hell yeah. It would be great to have somebody else working on data entry. I've been slacking off after finishing up the chassis for Aku. Haven't really worked on the powerplants at all and their going take even longer to do than the chassis since there are more pages of them.

+Quote Post
Shadow
post Jun 16 2005, 04:17 PM
Post #19

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.

Member No.: 2,006

Aku... genius!

+Quote Post
Aku
post Jun 16 2005, 04:31 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Shadow)
Aku... genius!

well, thank you shadow, but, as i'm sure slacker will gladly testify too, i sometimes seem more like an idiot than a genius when i'm working on this project.

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Jun 16 2005, 04:37 PM
Post #21

Runner

I wouldn't necessarily go that far. An idiot is someone unable to learn from mistakes. I think you have shown that you are adaptive, despite moments of foolishness. ;)

Also, your mistakes are more from lack of experience than anything else.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Jun 17 2005, 06:24 PM
Post #22

Holy Updates, Batman!

wow, I've gotten alot done since I last uploaded...

New Stuff

Nitrous added, Gridlink added

Suspensions Added

Lots and lots of code you don't see...added...

Stuff Broken
You'll notice that the Text box just keeps adding the changing grid link note. For now, i could change it so that the grid link is the only thing there, on or off, but at some point in the future, i'm going to need to fix it the right way, so i'll leave it as is and call it brok.errr a "feature".

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Jun 22 2005, 02:36 PM
Post #23

Runner

Come on. What's taking you so long to produce more updates, Aku? :S Its been days since you've posted anything at all.

Hehe, just kidding.

Just bored and felt like posting something here. Aku has been busy lately so nothing new yet.

Bearclaw, thanks for the offer to help with data input, but I finally got around to doing in over the weekend. So Aku now has all the chassis and powerplant data and its all up to him to do the coding for the various design options.

+Quote Post
Shadow
post Jun 28 2005, 06:30 PM
Post #24

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.

Member No.: 2,006

Genius needs to work faster... :)

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Jun 28 2005, 06:51 PM
Post #25

Runner

Genius just started a new job, so he doesn't have as much free time to work on it.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:13 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.