Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drakes, A few questions
weblife
post Jun 27 2005, 02:06 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,318

I've searched the forums, and read quite a few threads on Drakes. But I've yet to find a satisfying reply to a few questions.

Maybe you all can help me out?

Ok, first off. In MiTS under spirit powers it says something like; Essence/Magic/Power decided the TN of the resist test.

Spirits have essence, hence their powers, fx Lightning Bolt is cast at Essence (M).

But a Drake can be a magician, and initiate, meaning its Magic will quickly outpace his Essence.

Between this fact, and MiTS I'd assume the Drake can use his Magic to power his powers. Do I have this right?

Secondly, can a Drake use his powers in human form? - I only have Threats 2 to look in, and I didn't see any restriction written there. And a materialized spirit can certainly use its powers, as can a shapeshifter in both forms. So why not a Drake? (In one of the threads I found, they came to the conclusion that Drakes could NOT use their powers in human form.. No reason provided though)

Uhh.. Thats all for right now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Apathy
post Jun 27 2005, 02:39 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,046

It's been a while since I read DotSW, but as I remember it:
  • Drakes use their essence, not their Magic, for their innate flamethrower spell, and there's no way to raise it above its base level. At least there's no drain for innate spells...
  • The drake's physical powers (like flamethrower and enhanced ability) are only available when in drake form.
  • The drake's mana-based powers (like astral armor) are available in either form.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:51 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.