IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asshat Questions of the Day, Poor search-fu, books on loan...
FrostyNSO
post Aug 1 2005, 05:48 AM
Post #1

Resident Legionnaire

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,550

I am sorry about this, but:

When an adept initiates, he can gain a point of magic and learn a point's worth of powers, right? I forget if he can grab a metamagic too...but that's another conversation.

Can that point be "saved"? For instance: If my adept wanted to learn Quick Strike, would he be able to initiate 3 times at seperate dates and then get the power? Or is this one of those things he should do 20karma=1 powerpoint for (we use both)?

Also, can powers just be "upgraded"? Or do you have to buy imp. reflexes 3 seperate from what you've already spent on imp. reflexes 2?

Again, sorry folks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sharaloth
post Aug 1 2005, 05:58 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,093

1) I would assume you can save them, I can't remember anything explicit, though, but I'm pretty sure it's assumed you can save power points.

2) Yes, the powers are 'upgraded', to go from Imp. Reflexes 2 to 3 only costs you 2 power points, not 5. This is stated in the FAQ, and I'm sure it's general consensus enough not to be challenged.

+Quote Post
Crusher Bob
post Aug 1 2005, 05:59 AM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 4,253

There are no written rules (unless they've added something in the FAQ or errata). The normal interpretations are as follows:

Power points can be 'saved up' either from initiations, or from your original allocation of 6.

When 'upgrading' powers, for example Increased Reflexes 1 to Increased Reflexes 2 to, you only 'pay' the cost difference (in this case, 1 power point).

+Quote Post
FrostyNSO
post Aug 1 2005, 06:00 AM
Post #4

Resident Legionnaire

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,550

1) Cool, then I can RP his mystical search for the secret of the quick strike over the course of 3 initiations...bitchun.

2) Ok, that is what I figured too.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 1 2005, 04:36 PM
Post #5

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

I think saving up power points in implicit within the rules. Otherwise the only time you could learn a power that costs more than 1 point is at character gen.

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Aug 1 2005, 05:09 PM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

I recall that you can (as an adept) save power points, but as a mage you have to use the benefits of initiation at the time of initiation.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:48 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.