Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adept and magic loss, Adept + bioware= what
silvergoat
post Aug 10 2005, 03:01 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,150

Does an adept lose power points when he upgrades himself with bioware. The rules are not clear to me in man in machine.

Thank you for your help
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Aug 10 2005, 03:05 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

If you have an old printing, you should check the errata.
Current rule: Magic = Essense - (Bio Index/2) + initiations - other magic loss

If you use the simple adept growth rule in SR3: PP = Magic + purchased power points
Otherwise, it's just PP = Magic

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Aug 10 2005, 03:14 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

According to the errata, you halve the bio index and subtract it from your Magic rating - this is cumulative with the effects of cyberware, now, instead of figured out separately. So, for example, if you have a bit of cyber and a bit of bioware, you may just lose one Magic point, instead of losing one point of Magic and having another point of "virtual" loss from the bioware.

I'm glad they changed it, myself. The old way was confusing and needlessly complicated. Now cyberware and bioware are handled similarly for purposes of Magic loss.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:35 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.