IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arrrggghhh! Dues is messing with my campaign!, I think I fluffed!
Dustbin1_UK
post Aug 13 2005, 07:21 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,459

Right! now this is really going to make life difficult. I want to run the Renraku Archology Shutdown and Brainscan missions. Trouble is Dues is going to raise his AI profile again in System Failure.

Problem I have is, I want to introduce some new players using the SR4 rules. But want them to play through R.A.S and Brainscan. Then of course go on to System Failure.

I just don't want to confuse matters by playing SR3 Matrix rules.

Do you think I should just leave R.A.S and Brainscan alone or is there an easy way to adapt these in.

I just feel that the essence of Dues is going to be captured so much better with R.A.S and Brainscan played through.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Demonseed Elite
post Aug 13 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 67

Shouldn't be too tough. Just leave out wireless tech from SR4 but use the general rules. Various presented stats in Brainscan will need to be converted to SR4, but I think that would be the most difficult part. In fact, the Arcology action might be a good place to start introducing your players to the wireless Matrix tech, since Deus did have an "ahead-of-the-curve" network set up in the Arcology that he used to wirelessly interact with his drones and Banded.

+Quote Post
Dustbin1_UK
post Aug 13 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 3,459

In fact, the Arcology action might be a good place to start introducing your players to the wireless Matrix tech, since Deus did have an "ahead-of-the-curve" network set up in the Arcology that he used to wirelessly interact with his drones and Banded

Hmmm! Very good point! I sudenly fell alot better about the prospect.

I think I will feel alot better when I get my hands on SR4. :P

+Quote Post
Ellery
post Aug 14 2005, 12:14 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,298

Make sure to keep notes on the conversion. The conversion from SR3 to SR4 will probably not be obvious in all places, so when you have to make a decision, write it down so your can keep consistent. Players tend to like consistency.

+Quote Post
Phoniex
post Aug 15 2005, 06:54 AM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 2,769

hehe... when your dealing with Deus, there is no need for the matrix rules :vegm: muhahahah ;) It much better to not have them roll any dice or not care about the dice they roll and just go storybook style. I mean its Deus:)

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Aug 15 2005, 07:22 AM
Post #6

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

QUOTE (Phoniex)
hehe... when your dealing with Deus, there is no need for the matrix rules :vegm: muhahahah ;) It much better to not have them roll any dice or not care about the dice they roll and just go storybook style. I mean its Deus:)

Storyboard style doesn't inspire fear the same way dumping 200 dice in a bucket and themn pooring them out onto the table whenever Deus makes a test does.

+Quote Post
Phoniex
post Aug 15 2005, 09:40 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 2,769

:( i don't have 200 dice :(

But, its always nice when the gm lets you roll to see if something happens, even if it never can:) And not knowing if your winning or losing is a lot more frighting than knowing you have already lost;)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:52 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.