Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arrrggghhh! Dues is messing with my campaign!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dustbin1_UK
Right! now this is really going to make life difficult. I want to run the Renraku Archology Shutdown and Brainscan missions. Trouble is Dues is going to raise his AI profile again in System Failure.

Problem I have is, I want to introduce some new players using the SR4 rules. But want them to play through R.A.S and Brainscan. Then of course go on to System Failure.

I just don't want to confuse matters by playing SR3 Matrix rules.

Do you think I should just leave R.A.S and Brainscan alone or is there an easy way to adapt these in.

I just feel that the essence of Dues is going to be captured so much better with R.A.S and Brainscan played through.
Demonseed Elite
Shouldn't be too tough. Just leave out wireless tech from SR4 but use the general rules. Various presented stats in Brainscan will need to be converted to SR4, but I think that would be the most difficult part. In fact, the Arcology action might be a good place to start introducing your players to the wireless Matrix tech, since Deus did have an "ahead-of-the-curve" network set up in the Arcology that he used to wirelessly interact with his drones and Banded.
Dustbin1_UK
In fact, the Arcology action might be a good place to start introducing your players to the wireless Matrix tech, since Deus did have an "ahead-of-the-curve" network set up in the Arcology that he used to wirelessly interact with his drones and Banded

Hmmm! Very good point! I sudenly fell alot better about the prospect.

I think I will feel alot better when I get my hands on SR4. nyahnyah.gif
Ellery
Make sure to keep notes on the conversion. The conversion from SR3 to SR4 will probably not be obvious in all places, so when you have to make a decision, write it down so your can keep consistent. Players tend to like consistency.
Phoniex
hehe... when your dealing with Deus, there is no need for the matrix rules vegm.gif muhahahah wink.gif It much better to not have them roll any dice or not care about the dice they roll and just go storybook style. I mean its Deus:)
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Phoniex)
hehe... when your dealing with Deus, there is no need for the matrix rules vegm.gif muhahahah wink.gif It much better to not have them roll any dice or not care about the dice they roll and just go storybook style. I mean its Deus:)

Storyboard style doesn't inspire fear the same way dumping 200 dice in a bucket and themn pooring them out onto the table whenever Deus makes a test does.
Phoniex
frown.gif i don't have 200 dice frown.gif

But, its always nice when the gm lets you roll to see if something happens, even if it never can:) And not knowing if your winning or losing is a lot more frighting than knowing you have already lost;)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012