IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The laws of Anime, Which do you encounter in sr?
Dragon Ice
post Aug 17 2005, 06:44 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,466

Laws of Anime

Does anything like these laws occur in your campaign? :rotfl:

Fixed the link
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mfb
post Aug 17 2005, 06:48 AM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

your link has an extra http:// in it that will destroy all life on the planet if it's not stopped in time.

no, wait. it just makes the link not work. never mind about the "destruction of all life on the planet" thing.

edit: jesus god, what horror has your linkery wrought!? here, try this: http://www.abcb.com/laws/.

re-edit: upon review, the only one is 16.3, and only one time. i'm not sure it counts, because instead of a flesh wound, my character took a three-round burst to the lungs and was not incapacitated or hindered in any way. pain resistance is teh good.

+Quote Post
Adarael
post Aug 17 2005, 07:42 AM
Post #3

Deus Absconditus

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,566

In my Hong Kong Blood Opera themed games ("Little Trouble in Big China" and "Freedom Cowboy Comes to America"), rules that apply are:

6, Law of Temporal Variability
7, First Law of Temporal Mortality
8, Second Law of Temporal Mortality
9, Law of Dramatic Emphasis (I have a tendancy to describe things this way, yes.)
11, Law of Inherent Combustability (to be fair, Freedom Cowboy was fond of Ex-Ex rounds, and his compatriot Dr. Hong Kong was fond of C-4. They found a way to blow up EVERYTHING.)
13, Law of Energetic Emission. This happened once, when they were shot at by firelance lasers.
15, Law of Inexhaustability. To be fair, in this game, this rule was just shortened to "No one runs out of ammo, period." Mostly because the PCs carried ten tons of it.
17, Law of Transient Romantic Unreliability. To quote Freedom Cowboy, physical magician, follower of the city spider, and being true to his geas: <takes a long drag off his cigarette> "I love you, baby. I'd sleep with you... but then I'd have to kill you."
29, Law of Melee Luminescence. This is a partial one. One of the triad hit-girls, "Pretty Ping," was a physmage whose powers were geased to gesture, and whose centering skill was dancing. She used a ton of aura spells, and consequently would glow. For the inspiration for this character, look at the ridiculous but awesome capcom game Product Number 3 The video files here.

In a normal shadowrun game?

Only #7. Because most of my players tend to kill people really, really fast. And when they're not looking.

+Quote Post
nick012000
post Aug 17 2005, 07:52 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 7,398

QUOTE (mfb)
re-edit: upon review, the only one is 16.3, and only one time. i'm not sure it counts, because instead of a flesh wound, my character took a three-round burst to the lungs and was not incapacitated or hindered in any way. pain resistance is teh good.

Eh. Any decent street sam can take a shotgun shell to the face without a scratch.

By "Any decent street sam", I mean that they'll have a Body of 12+ and 6+ Impact armor.

+Quote Post
John Campbell
post Aug 17 2005, 04:24 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 3,581

Only the Law of Conservation of Firepower. And that's just because firing the RPG (or even carrying the thing around) tends to attract attention, and it's a pain to find more ammo for it.

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Aug 17 2005, 05:33 PM
Post #6

Horror

Member No.: 7,445

As a side-note, I'm pretty sure that breasts larger than B-cups are considered 'airborne' whether their owner is or not airborne, and thus trigger the Law of Differentiated Gravitation constantly.

Not that I mind. I like large d-sized floaters. :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:06 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.