IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to have the SR4 PDF released quickly?
What is, for you, the best solution to get the SR4 pdf in time (as was promessed on the FAQ)?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 73
Guests cannot vote 
ankh-le-fixer
post Aug 18 2005, 08:19 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,074

So a little poll to help finding a solution to get the pdf quickly
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 18 2005, 08:21 AM
Post #2

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

You missed putting an "Other" option in your poll. I say hire a 'runner team to break into Adam's house today and finish the PDF for him. :)

+Quote Post
ankh-le-fixer
post Aug 18 2005, 08:26 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 6,074

i've also forgot to detail that the solution number 2 allows that nobody get SR4 before us, the pdf guys :D

+Quote Post
Sabosect
post Aug 18 2005, 08:28 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,741

Damn. And to think I was contacting my fixers to build a runner team for a standard human snatch-and-grab has bad effects.

+Quote Post
Athenor
post Aug 18 2005, 08:30 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,067

Funny part is that every solution listed here would delay the release of the PDF, be it by police reports, plane trips, cutoff of access to computers, or personal pride (in relation to 3).

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 18 2005, 08:38 AM
Post #6

Dragon

QUOTE (Athenor)
Funny part is that every solution listed here would delay the release of the PDF, be it by police reports, plane trips, cutoff of access to computers, or personal pride (in relation to 3).

Only if you hire a poser team that gets caught. ;)

+Quote Post
Athenor
post Aug 18 2005, 08:43 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,067

*laughs* You gotta watch for Adam's counter-shadowrunners. As well as the cannon fodd-- er, those who are competing in the tournament. ;)

And gotta make sure someone else doesn't do something similar in a preemptive strike, to drive up the cost of the PDF for their own nefarious devices.

Or those 2 in ten Mr. Johnsons who wil screw over everyone involved for their own gain.. Adam would definitely fall under this category if he could think coherantly, I'm sure.

On a positive note: I'm sure Adam is enjoying his flight. A chance to unwind, with no comittments or worries, is a nice thing. He probably isn't thinking that, but he should be.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 18 2005, 08:46 AM
Post #8

Dragon

Hope his flight connects through Chicago and not Salt Lake. There isn't a single place in the Salt Lake airport to buy a drink. :eek:

+Quote Post
Ellery
post Aug 18 2005, 08:48 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,298

He's probably asleep. He did stay up all night.

+Quote Post
Sabosect
post Aug 18 2005, 08:48 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

I have no fear of Adam's counter-runners. I'm sending in six teams, heavily armed, as distractions. It'll be the group of innocent-looking fans standing next to him when the run goes down that will pull the real extraction.

Of course, I haven't bothered to tell those six teams that they are distractions. Why would AI do something like that, after all? It hurts their efficiency in battle. And I have no problem with them squealing to the cops. Stephen King will when the cops bust down his door to arrest him for the crime, though.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 18 2005, 08:55 AM
Post #11

Dragon

QUOTE (Ellery)
He's probably asleep. He did stay up all night.

I have never been able to bring myself to dare sleep on a stop over, too great my anxioty that i'll miss my boarding. Especially since i missed a flight due to a similar situation. It was an international so i got there really early to get through customs. Had a little cat nap by the ticket stand and completely missed my boarding call when the bastards changed the boarding gate last minute. :(

Of course i once had to have the attendants unseal the boarding door when me and a budy squeezed in one too many pints of Alaskan Amber at CJBorgs in Seattle. So staying awake isn't exactly a foolproof tactic. :oops:

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Aug 18 2005, 11:41 AM
Post #12

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

#4 - ..if this means the .pdf is well-formatted, -indexed and free of DRM.
If it is tagged, too, that would be an incredible bonus. ;)

+Quote Post
Kesh
post Aug 18 2005, 02:35 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,958

#4. I really shouldn't be spending money right now anyway, so this is actually best for me. :D

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Aug 18 2005, 04:26 PM
Post #14

Runner

Member No.: 5,776

I've actually got a couple of friends at GenCon right now that are bouncers. They could probably handle the kidnapping.

Not that it matters much to me. I get a hardcopy of the book as soon as they get back. :)

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 18 2005, 04:27 PM
Post #15

Dragon

QUOTE (Slacker @ Aug 18 2005, 10:26 AM)
I've actually got a couple of friends at GenCon right now that are bouncers. They could probably handle the kidnapping.

Not that it matters much to me. I get a hardcopy of the book as soon as they get back. :)

Let's just keep our focus on the greater common good [for me], mkay Comrade Slacker?

+Quote Post
Gildashard
post Aug 18 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #16

Target

Member No.: 3,911

Quickest solution:

Deck into Adam's computer, finish the pdf, then deck into battlecorp and post the pdf for sale.

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Aug 18 2005, 05:07 PM
Post #17

Runner

Member No.: 5,776

QUOTE (Gildashard)
Quickest solution:

Deck into Adam's computer, finish the pdf, then deck into battlecorp and post the pdf for sale.

Are you volunteering?

+Quote Post
Spookymonster
post Aug 18 2005, 06:03 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,638

Unfortunately, it looks like Adam was running Ichi OS, circa 2070... Gildashard's 6 year old Fairlight doesn't stand a chance ;).

+Quote Post
Guest_Overwatch_*
post Aug 18 2005, 06:45 PM
Post #19

Guests

Why would AI do something like that, after all? It hurts their efficiency in battle.

Is there something you want to tell us Sabo? Or should I say DEUS?!

+Quote Post
Bandwidthoracle
post Aug 18 2005, 08:20 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,672

QUOTE (Spookymonster)
Unfortunately, it looks like Adam was running Ichi OS, circa 2070... Gildashard's 6 year old Fairlight doesn't stand a chance ;).

Not only that, but his hacking pool may or may not even work against Ichi OS!

+Quote Post
Sabosect
post Aug 18 2005, 09:11 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

QUOTE (Overwatch)
Why would AI do something like that, after all? It hurts their efficiency in battle.

Is there something you want to tell us Sabo? Or should I say DEUS?!

Damn, they're onto me. Next, they'll discover I changed history to prevent the Sixth World from comming about so I could take over humanity using my legion of mindless drones.

Hmm. Good thing they don't know my secret plans...

+Quote Post
mintcar
post Aug 19 2005, 10:59 AM
Post #22

Karma Police

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,505

Iīm just... itīs like... I donīt know. Iīm like a six year old who was just told christmas is postponed for a week. Canīt remember last time waiting for something was this hard. Iīll have to call on all my masochistic tendencies to be able to saviour that. Or I could just be angry, thatīs gratifying too.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 19 2005, 02:04 PM
Post #23

Dragon

QUOTE (mintcar)
Iīm just... itīs like... I donīt know. Iīm like a six year old who was just told christmas is postponed for a week. Canīt remember last time waiting for something was this hard. Iīll have to call on all my masochistic tendencies to be able to saviour that. Or I could just be angry, thatīs gratifying too.

Well you do have a few Angsty Stalker Fanbois around here to pattern yourself after. ;)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:23 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.