Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to have the SR4 PDF released quickly?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ankh-le-fixer
So a little poll to help finding a solution to get the pdf quickly
blakkie
You missed putting an "Other" option in your poll. I say hire a 'runner team to break into Adam's house today and finish the PDF for him. smile.gif
ankh-le-fixer
i've also forgot to detail that the solution number 2 allows that nobody get SR4 before us, the pdf guys biggrin.gif
Sabosect
Damn. And to think I was contacting my fixers to build a runner team for a standard human snatch-and-grab has bad effects.
Athenor
Funny part is that every solution listed here would delay the release of the PDF, be it by police reports, plane trips, cutoff of access to computers, or personal pride (in relation to 3).
blakkie
QUOTE (Athenor)
Funny part is that every solution listed here would delay the release of the PDF, be it by police reports, plane trips, cutoff of access to computers, or personal pride (in relation to 3).

Only if you hire a poser team that gets caught. wink.gif
Athenor
*laughs* You gotta watch for Adam's counter-shadowrunners. As well as the cannon fodd-- er, those who are competing in the tournament. wink.gif

And gotta make sure someone else doesn't do something similar in a preemptive strike, to drive up the cost of the PDF for their own nefarious devices.

Or those 2 in ten Mr. Johnsons who wil screw over everyone involved for their own gain.. Adam would definitely fall under this category if he could think coherantly, I'm sure.

On a positive note: I'm sure Adam is enjoying his flight. A chance to unwind, with no comittments or worries, is a nice thing. He probably isn't thinking that, but he should be.

blakkie
Hope his flight connects through Chicago and not Salt Lake. There isn't a single place in the Salt Lake airport to buy a drink. eek.gif
Ellery
He's probably asleep. He did stay up all night.
Sabosect
I have no fear of Adam's counter-runners. I'm sending in six teams, heavily armed, as distractions. It'll be the group of innocent-looking fans standing next to him when the run goes down that will pull the real extraction.

Of course, I haven't bothered to tell those six teams that they are distractions. Why would AI do something like that, after all? It hurts their efficiency in battle. And I have no problem with them squealing to the cops. Stephen King will when the cops bust down his door to arrest him for the crime, though.
blakkie
QUOTE (Ellery)
He's probably asleep. He did stay up all night.

I have never been able to bring myself to dare sleep on a stop over, too great my anxioty that i'll miss my boarding. Especially since i missed a flight due to a similar situation. It was an international so i got there really early to get through customs. Had a little cat nap by the ticket stand and completely missed my boarding call when the bastards changed the boarding gate last minute. frown.gif

Of course i once had to have the attendants unseal the boarding door when me and a budy squeezed in one too many pints of Alaskan Amber at CJBorgs in Seattle. So staying awake isn't exactly a foolproof tactic. embarrassed.gif
Rotbart van Dainig
#4 - ..if this means the .pdf is well-formatted, -indexed and free of DRM.
If it is tagged, too, that would be an incredible bonus. wink.gif
Kesh
#4. I really shouldn't be spending money right now anyway, so this is actually best for me. biggrin.gif
Slacker
I've actually got a couple of friends at GenCon right now that are bouncers. They could probably handle the kidnapping.

Not that it matters much to me. I get a hardcopy of the book as soon as they get back. smile.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (Slacker @ Aug 18 2005, 10:26 AM)
I've actually got a couple of friends at GenCon right now that are bouncers. They could probably handle the kidnapping.

Not that it matters much to me. I get a hardcopy of the book as soon as they get back. smile.gif

Let's just keep our focus on the greater common good [for me], mkay Comrade Slacker?
Gildashard
Quickest solution:

Deck into Adam's computer, finish the pdf, then deck into battlecorp and post the pdf for sale.
Slacker
QUOTE (Gildashard)
Quickest solution:

Deck into Adam's computer, finish the pdf, then deck into battlecorp and post the pdf for sale.

Are you volunteering?
Spookymonster
Unfortunately, it looks like Adam was running Ichi OS, circa 2070... Gildashard's 6 year old Fairlight doesn't stand a chance wink.gif.
Overwatch
Why would AI do something like that, after all? It hurts their efficiency in battle.

Is there something you want to tell us Sabo? Or should I say DEUS?!
Bandwidthoracle
QUOTE (Spookymonster)
Unfortunately, it looks like Adam was running Ichi OS, circa 2070... Gildashard's 6 year old Fairlight doesn't stand a chance wink.gif.

Not only that, but his hacking pool may or may not even work against Ichi OS!
Sabosect
QUOTE (Overwatch)
Why would AI do something like that, after all? It hurts their efficiency in battle.

Is there something you want to tell us Sabo? Or should I say DEUS?!

Damn, they're onto me. Next, they'll discover I changed history to prevent the Sixth World from comming about so I could take over humanity using my legion of mindless drones.

Hmm. Good thing they don't know my secret plans...
mintcar
Iīm just... itīs like... I donīt know. Iīm like a six year old who was just told christmas is postponed for a week. Canīt remember last time waiting for something was this hard. Iīll have to call on all my masochistic tendencies to be able to saviour that. Or I could just be angry, thatīs gratifying too.
blakkie
QUOTE (mintcar)
Iīm just... itīs like... I donīt know. Iīm like a six year old who was just told christmas is postponed for a week. Canīt remember last time waiting for something was this hard. Iīll have to call on all my masochistic tendencies to be able to saviour that. Or I could just be angry, thatīs gratifying too.

Well you do have a few Angsty Stalker Fanbois around here to pattern yourself after. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012