IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whatever happened to narcoject?, Just a little pinprick...
SFEley
post Aug 18 2005, 06:25 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,565

Apologies if this has been asked before, but a player of mine just raised the question and a quick Googling didn't turn anything up.

Narcoject pistols used to be an old favorite of the group back when we were running our SR2 game. Take the guards out, don't kill 'em, life is good. As I'm picking the game up again, I just noticed that they've been revised out of SR3. Wordman's equipment list even shows the last references to them being in SR2 and the SSC.

So what's the deal? If they were removed because they were considered game-unbalancing, can someone explain the reasoning? And what's supposed to be the "standard" SR3 method to take somebody out non-lethally? (I'm thinking I'll use narco anyway, if nobody comes up with a compelling argument why it's bad; I'm just curious.)

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Astelaron
post Aug 18 2005, 06:29 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 7,183

Narco is still around in SR3 and used regularly in the games I play in.

+Quote Post
kobura
post Aug 18 2005, 06:40 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 7,573

Narcojects are still around. I believe the stats are in CC. It's a good weapon for stealth types, not really effective against big targets like trolls. I think it's better to just get a dart gun though. That way you can get other types of dart payloads like Gamma Scolpamine, etc.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Aug 18 2005, 06:40 PM
Post #4

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

It's in the Cannon Companion (along with a number of other non-lethal weapons).

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Aug 18 2005, 07:00 PM
Post #5

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

Narcojet Toxin is in SR3 p.250

Dart Guns are in Man & Machine p.116

There is no Narcojet pistol in the Cannon Companion that I can find, only generic dart pistols and rifles in M&M. I suppose you could by the brand name, but the results would be the same.

+Quote Post
Talia Invierno
post Aug 18 2005, 07:31 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 4,689

It's because many people were using the same delivery systems (squirt/splat or dart pistol) to deliver several different types of drugs. Now, you purchase the delivery system separately from the chemical you want to put into it. Most chemicals can be found in MM.

(Our group's personal favourite is gamma-scopalomine: 10D stun ... but costly! make sure it counts when you use it.)

+Quote Post
SFEley
post Aug 18 2005, 07:41 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 7,565

QUOTE (hyzmarca)
Narcojet Toxin is in SR3 p.250

Okay, thanks! I managed to miss that completely. (The equipment list is scattered somewhat annoyingly all over the place.)

Thanks to all the other replies, too. I don't have the Cannon Companion yet, though it's on order. My mistaken belief that it had been revised out was based largely on a third-party list, which of course oughtn't be taken as perfect or as canon. I appreciate your time and help.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:25 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.