IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So far, SR4... in the end ? or beginning ;)
So far, what do you think ?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 214
Guests cannot vote 
chevalier_neon
post Aug 19 2005, 10:50 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,341

This is not to flame, not for revenge or whatever.... just to know your feeling as we have now (and it was time) more information.

By the way, once again, many thanks to Tisoz, who is on his way to become Man of the Year on DS board... :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bandwidthoracle
post Aug 19 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,672

At the moment the only thing I'm nervous about is technomancers, everything else looks sweet.

+Quote Post
Samoth
post Aug 19 2005, 10:54 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 875

QUOTE (Bandwidthoracle)
At the moment the only thing I'm nervous about is technomancers, everything else looks sweet.

I agree. If it only costs 5 BP to be one, I can't imagine anyone choosing a non-magical character not being a Technomancer. Seems too good to be true.

+Quote Post
chevalier_neon
post Aug 19 2005, 10:55 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Who would have the kindness to create new threads to summarize all the information that Tisoz provided us, instead of having them in 3 or 4 different threads ? It might be great also to divide the topics in fact (chargen, magician, technomancer, cyber)... I would have done that myself, but I am quiet busy on our french forum to translate and post the information that are on DS...

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 19 2005, 10:58 PM
Post #5

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

A huge number of questions openned up with that info. I can't really answer now till i get a better look. I'm going to have to keep the vote on the fence for a bit yet.

Near the top of the list of questions are Technomancers. It seems more than a bit wierd, but then i just noticed something on the Combat Mage that actually could help explain it. I'm not certain that a mundane even needs 'ware to hack, they might be able to do it with 'trodes alone. If that is true not requiring 'ware for Technomancers sort of makes sense, at least when they are hacking wireless equipment.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Aug 19 2005, 11:01 PM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

or maybe, they generate signals with brain radios.

+Quote Post
Bandwidthoracle
post Aug 19 2005, 11:03 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (mfb)
or maybe, they generate signals with brain radios.

So they all wear tinfoil hats when they don't want to broadcast?
Don't make me come in there :rotfl:

+Quote Post
Derek
post Aug 19 2005, 11:05 PM
Post #8

Jacked In, Up & Out

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 95

QUOTE (Samoth)
imagine anyone choosing a non-magical character not being a Technomancer. Seems too good to be true.

Oh, role playing reasons, maybe? Since it appears that not everyone in 2070 is a technomancer, or even more so, most people aren't?

Derek

+Quote Post
Bandwidthoracle
post Aug 19 2005, 11:05 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

QUOTE (blakkie)
A huge number of questions openned up with that info. I can't really answer now till i get a better look. I'm going to have to keep the vote on the fence for a bit yet.

Near the top of the list of questions are Technomancers. It seems more than a bit wierd, but then i just noticed something on the Combat Mage that actually could help explain it. I'm not certain that a mundane even needs 'ware to hack, they might be able to do it with 'trodes alone. If that is true not requiring 'ware for Technomancers sort of makes sense, at least when they are hacking wireless equipment.

See, I still think some hardcore people would want their wireless equipment implanted. Say someone who was so amazingly good at it they had "unnatural" skill?

+Quote Post
chevalier_neon
post Aug 19 2005, 11:06 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

I was thinking to something about Technomancers...
Of course, the BP is ridiculously low, but on the other hand, it might be really expensive (Skills, sprites etc.) to be a technomancer.. on the other hand, there might be some cons (remember, otaku shouldn't be able to pass the age of 18 with all their pros)... SO in the end, one of the main pro of being a Technomancer might just be the fact that you don't need any cyber... which in the end is not such a big pro if hacker can still do their "work" using wireless equipment... And if they can have less BP to invest in matrice-skills (no sprites etc...).

+Quote Post
Bandwidthoracle
post Aug 19 2005, 11:07 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

QUOTE (Derek @ Aug 19 2005, 06:05 PM)
QUOTE (Samoth @ Aug 19 2005, 12:54 PM)
imagine anyone choosing a non-magical character not being a Technomancer.  Seems too good to be true.

Oh, role playing reasons, maybe? Since it appears that not everyone in 2070 is a technomancer, or even more so, most people aren't?

Derek

Maybe their frail or socially inept like otkau, and that makes up for them being cheap?

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Aug 19 2005, 11:17 PM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,992

Technomancers have to buy Resonance attribute, remember (the 5 BP is just the Quality that allows them to do so).

+Quote Post
chevalier_neon
post Aug 19 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

That is a good point, but if the dev really focused this edition on technology, they might in the end prove as powerful as magicians, not only in the matrice, but in the real world... And this would have costed only 5BP... this is why I hope that there are some restrictions...

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 19 2005, 11:24 PM
Post #14

Dragon

Also we know that Technomancers experience drain (except it is called Fading and not Drain).

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Aug 19 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #15

Shooting Target

Yep. Age no longer causes fading, or so it seems.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 19 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #16

Dragon

QUOTE (JongWK)
Technomancers have to buy Resonance attribute, remember (the 5 BP is just the Quality that allows them to do so).

Do they get the first point free with that? If not it is basically the same price as a mage since the first point would cost them the 10BP for a total of 15BP.

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Aug 19 2005, 11:29 PM
Post #17

Shooting Target

That's because they *are* different. :)

Sorry if I can help you more with that. I don't have my playtesting notes at hand, and I don't feel comfortable giving you second hand information when Tisoz and the others at GenCon are posting good information.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Aug 19 2005, 11:34 PM
Post #18

Free Spirit

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,920

QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (JongWK @ Aug 19 2005, 05:17 PM)

Do they get the first point free with that? If not it is basically the same price as a mage since the first point would cost them the 10BP for a total of 15BP.

Buy the Technomancer Quality and start with Resonance attribute of 1. It goes down with loss of essence just like magic attribute.

+Quote Post
Bandwidthoracle
post Aug 19 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

QUOTE (tisoz)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Aug 19 2005, 05:25 PM)
QUOTE (JongWK @ Aug 19 2005, 05:17 PM)

Buy the Technomancer Quality and start with Resonance attribute of 1. It goes down with loss of essence just like magic attribute.

So what helps Otaku hurts grown up Otaku? That's why they all faded?

+Quote Post
Demonseed Elite
post Aug 20 2005, 12:18 AM
Post #20

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 67

It helps to consider them seperate, but related, creatures. Not all otaku became technomancers and not all technomancers were otaku.

+Quote Post
Bandwidthoracle
post Aug 20 2005, 12:20 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

QUOTE (Demonseed Elite)

It helps to consider them seperate, but related, creatures. Not all otaku became technomancers and not all technomancers were otaku.

Is that for sure? Because the description we got was "Otaku who grew up"

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Aug 20 2005, 12:22 AM
Post #22

Shooting Target

Some did. Others didn't.

*wishes System Failure was already out*

+Quote Post
Demonseed Elite
post Aug 20 2005, 12:22 AM
Post #23

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 67

Where did that description come from? I do know for sure that not all technomancers are otaku that grew up.

+Quote Post
Bandwidthoracle
post Aug 20 2005, 12:41 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

QUOTE (Demonseed Elite)
Where did that description come from? I do know for sure that not all technomancers are otaku that grew up.

If I call correctly it was the discritpion given in one of the first previews given by the German site.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 20 2005, 12:44 AM
Post #25

Dragon

QUOTE (Bandwidthoracle)
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Aug 19 2005, 07:22 PM)
Where did that description come from?  I do know for sure that not all technomancers are otaku that grew up.

If I call correctly it was the discritpion given in one of the first previews given by the German site.

Could be a translation issue then?

+Quote Post

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:26 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.