Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When the **** does it come out?!
dragnmastr85
post Aug 23 2005, 05:17 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,596

I have searched around for quite a few hours and amazon says september 28th or some crap! WTF! Does everyone else in the world know the release date but me?! This doesnt, of course, include you lucky bastards that went to gencon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 23 2005, 06:00 PM
Post #2

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

Fanpro has changed it's mind. It won't be selling any more books till the Christmas Season (Thanksgiving Weekend). Also the PDF will be delayed at least till October as the sample character art has been sent back to the artists to punch it up a bit.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 23 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

Let's not post bullshit and start rumours, especially to a poster new to the forums.

Shadowrun, Fourth Edition should be available in retail stores by the middle of September, and perhaps a little bit sooner.

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Aug 23 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 5,776

LOL. Oh come on blakkie, that is just cruel and unusual punishment to spread such lies.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Aug 23 2005, 06:23 PM
Post #5

Free Spirit

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,920

Welcome to the forums, dragnmastr85, it could have been a worse greeting. Actually, blakkie probably wanted to make sure he met his release date. ;)

from,
lucky bastard

PS. he may have been joking around about it because I posted in another current thread the best estimate the guys in the know passed along.

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Aug 23 2005, 06:30 PM
Post #6

Chicago Survivor

Member No.: 6,033

hey Adam, while you're here defending the new guy from Blakkie, how about a new sample character?

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 23 2005, 06:33 PM
Post #7

Dragon

QUOTE (Nikoli)
hey Adam, while you're here defending the new guy from Blakkie, how about a new sample character?

*shhhhh*

He is suppose to be either resting his brain or bashing it out on the PDF. Nothing else.

P.S. Well i guess that was a bit over the top, but not quite enough to make sure he knew it was made up. :oops:

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 23 2005, 06:36 PM
Post #8

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Nikoli)

How about not right now -- vacation, vacation! [which means I'm off for lunch, and then to sign some books at the office... but it's tuesday and I'm hungover, so it must be a vacation!]

I'll try and drop a new sample character onto the site after my flight, late tomorrow.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Aug 23 2005, 06:41 PM
Post #9

Free Spirit

So was this a one week vacation, with a mandatory gencon appearance?

tried to say hi to you at the con,
the Lucky Bastard

+Quote Post
Slacker
Post #10

Runner

Member No.: 5,776

QUOTE (Adam)
I'll try and drop a new sample character onto the site after my flight, late tomorrow.

Tomorrow's still your vacation, right? It's nice of you to think of the community, but posting another sample character can wait. I think you've earned a few days to yourself.

Then again, I'm one of the lucky bastards with a copy of the book. :D So I'm not one of people desperate to see more of the book.

+Quote Post
mintcar
Post #11

Karma Police

Member No.: 6,505

David Stansel-Garner at Battlecorps says they expect to get their books in a couple of weeks, and they promise to ship them as fast as they can. Then what happens to my LE on it´s perilous yourney across the sea is another story. *shivers* I don´t even want to think about it.

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Aug 23 2005, 06:49 PM
Post #12

Chicago Survivor

That's cool Adam, thanks for all the hard work.

+Quote Post
maeel
post Aug 23 2005, 08:17 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,586

hey thanx adam, that's good to know, especially since i am constantly checking SRRPG for updates.

BTW, any info when the book will hit european stores? Is it true that there will be no vehicle design in SR4, and if, is there any way to bribe or persuade you (i'd recommend the first option, for your own sake :D ) to change Robs mind?

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Aug 23 2005, 08:20 PM
Post #14

Free Spirit

QUOTE (maeel)
Is it true that there will be no vehicle design in SR4, and if, is there any way to bribe or persuade you (i'd recommend the first option, for your own sake :D ) to change Robs mind?

You do realize you are hearing that from people who have the book in their lucky bastard hands, right? Kind of hard to put it in after its gone to the printers.

+Quote Post
Blacken
post Aug 23 2005, 08:20 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,548

So the release of the PDF is delayed yet more, too?

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 23 2005, 08:21 PM
Post #16

Dragon

QUOTE (tisoz)
QUOTE (maeel @ Aug 23 2005, 02:17 PM)
Is it true that there will be no vehicle design in SR4, and if, is there any way to bribe or persuade you (i'd recommend the first option, for your own sake  :D ) to change Robs mind?

You do realize you are hearing that from people who have the book in their lucky bastard hands, right? Kind of hard to put it in after its gone to the printers.

Maybe he is talking about Arsenal?

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Aug 23 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #17

Chicago Survivor

I have a sneaking suspision that the PDF was originally slated for this wednesday, the 24th or possibly Thursday and through a complicated brain fart process the date was transposed to last week.

+Quote Post
Blacken
post Aug 23 2005, 08:23 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Doesn't matter to me what their original schedule said. Their release said last week; it's not here. Their commitments have failed to be honored and I'm tempted to just not buy the damn thing.

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Aug 23 2005, 08:26 PM
Post #19

Chicago Survivor

Trust me I know the feeling. I'm already obligated for the LE at my FLGS and wanted the PDF for a head start on writing my Commando application module.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Aug 23 2005, 08:28 PM
Post #20

Free Spirit

QUOTE (Blacken)
Doesn't matter to me what their original schedule said. Their release said last week; it's not here. Their commitments have failed to be honored and I'm tempted to just not buy the damn thing.

Yeah, well, you're about a week late for the discussion and the bitching. We kind of accepted it or got over it 2 threads ago.

For a discussion with the guy involved see the "taking bets" thread.

terrible with links,
lucky bastard

+Quote Post
Blacken
post Aug 23 2005, 08:29 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

Hell, a friend of mine who preordered two LE's (one of which was going to be mine after the original buyer decided he didn't want it) has been informed that he will be receiving neither copy. Pray that you get yours.

EDIT: and tisoz, I participated in said bitching. So stuff it. :)

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 23 2005, 08:31 PM
Post #22

Dragon

QUOTE (Blacken)

So it's buh-bye then?

+Quote Post
maeel
post Aug 23 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,586

blakkie Posted on Aug 23 2005, 03:21 PM

(tisoz)
(maeel @ Aug 23 2005, 02:17 PM)
Is it true that there will be no vehicle design in SR4, and if, is there any way to bribe or persuade you (i'd recommend the first option, for your own sake  ) to change Robs mind? 

Maybe he is talking about Arsenal?

i was, of course, talking about the arsenal. i know that the core rule book is already in print.

+Quote Post
Blacken
post Aug 23 2005, 08:42 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (Blacken @ Aug 23 2005, 02:23 PM)

So it's buh-bye then?

Between that and them apparently failing to have enough LEs to satisfy preorders--yeah, it's pretty close.

I was going to buy SR4 to make *completely* certain that it wasn't a total waste of time. I already dislike the ideas contained therein immensely. But if FanPro wants me to forego forking over the cash, hey--fine with me.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Aug 23 2005, 08:43 PM
Post #25

Free Spirit

QUOTE (Blacken @ Aug 23 2005, 02:29 PM)
Hell, a friend of mine who preordered two LE's (one of which was going to be mine after the original buyer decided he didn't want it) has been informed that he will be receiving neither copy. Pray that you get yours.

EDIT: and tisoz, I participated in said bitching. So stuff it. :)

Sorry to hear your misfortune. Saw you were new and might have missed it. If you knew about and participated in the discussion, you need to let it go. I speak from wanting the pdf last Wednesday too and my experience at gencon. Our feelings ain't gonna change things. If enough people get tired of their shit and quit buying the product, it might. But I don't see that realistically happening.

The only choice an individual can make is to find a company that keeps their word, and from volunteering at the con, I was set straight that FanPro is not the industry norm for hitting release dates.

QUOTE (maeel)
i was, of course, talking about the arsenal. i know that the core rule book is already in print.

Sorry, my mistake.

good luck,
a lucky bastard

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:25 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.