Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NAN 1 and 2, Should I get them?
Jrayjoker
post Aug 25 2005, 08:57 PM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,675

What are the pros and cons of buying NAN 1 and 2?

I do tend to run games that end up with travel through the various NAN regions, but I have winged it so far without too much complaint from the players.

What are your opinions as to their utility, and what should I reasonably pay for them?

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 25 2005, 09:15 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Pros: Some nice tribal art, Nigel D. Findley wrote them, adventures are decent.
Cons: Nitpickers hate some of the Facts, old edition.

Suggestion: Don't pay more than $10 for either of 'em.

+Quote Post
Mugzy
post Aug 25 2005, 09:42 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

From: 50 Clicks north of Dragon City (Front Range Free Zone)
Member No.: 6,896

I have to say I agree with AH.

If you are a collector, then get them for that value. Otherwise, they are really unnecessary for a game in the current time frame.

But, I have to say I've run probably about 20 different varients on Peacekeeper (the NAN 1 adventure) and have loved everyone of em.

If I didn't have them, due to their relative rarity, I'd pay up to 15 for them.. but then again I collect these things that are only marginally useful to the game.

+Quote Post
Paul
post Aug 25 2005, 11:52 PM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 1,514

If nothing else it gives you more to show off, and read. You might even get some good ideas out of them.

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Aug 26 2005, 12:28 AM
Post #5

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

I have one of the NANs (picked it up in the discount bin many years ago)... The NPC stats are bonkers, the "facts" about the NAN lands are ridiculous (they got fixed in SoNA), but there is a mission in it. Now that you mention it, with some tweaking I think it might be a good mission too. Maybe i'll run it soon... yeah...

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Aug 26 2005, 03:06 AM
Post #6

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

I agree with AH. The first one has better details and the 2nd has a better adventure but just for knowing baout the NAN. get SoNA Written more than 10 years after the NAN books it lacks some of the editorial flaws of the early stuff.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th September 2024 - 11:19 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.