Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Setting Info - Houston
icharbezol
post Aug 27 2005, 12:57 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,657

I'm going to be starting a new SR game soon, and I was considering locating the game in a different place than Seattle/Tokyo/Hong Kong for a change. Looking through the stuff I have, I am not finding much on Houston. Would anybody be kind enough to point out anything I've missed, please?

I am familiar enough with the city itself in real life (wife's family is from there), just wondering if there's something in the "near future" of Shadowrun that changes any landscape or details that I am missing somewhere.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KosherPickle
post Aug 27 2005, 03:02 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,921

QUOTE (icharbezol)
I'm going to be starting a new SR game soon, and I was considering locating the game in a different place than Seattle/Tokyo/Hong Kong for a change. Looking through the stuff I have, I am not finding much on Houston. Would anybody be kind enough to point out anything I've missed, please?

Of interest to you might be the fact that the AresSpace division of Ares Macrotechnology has their HQ in Houston.

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Aug 27 2005, 07:45 PM
Post #3

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Shadowrun Timeline)
2009 - In the U.S.A., NASA and United Oil Industries complete a high-speed rail link between Houston, Oklahoma City, and Dallas/Forth Worth. This above-ground train, built as a prototype for use in a proposed lunar colony, is propelled by a frictionless cushion of magnetic repulsion. It travels great distances at high speed. (Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America)

2017 - In the U.S.A., due to the increased nationwide chaos, Lone Star Security enjoys major growth and financial success. During the next three years Wilson hires huge amounts of personnel and opens branches in Lubbock San Antonio, Houston, Corpus Christi, and Texarkana. (Lone Star Sourcebook)

2035 - In Texas, CAS, Corpus Christi cancels its contract with Lone Star Security due to its policies of sexism and racism. They replace the corporation with a subsidiary of Houston Police Corporation. (Lone Star Sourcebook)

Hey Pickle, just curious, but why did you quote the whole post over again when you were the first person replying?

+Quote Post
Supercilious
post Aug 27 2005, 09:22 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,873

I do the same, it makes it easier to read, if only just a little.

+Quote Post
KosherPickle
post Aug 28 2005, 07:55 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,921

QUOTE (FlakJacket)
Hey Pickle, just curious, but why did you quote the whole post over again when you were the first person replying?

Force of habit. And I didn't quote the entire post, just the first short paragraph.

It doesn't bother you overly much, does it? I'm used to posting on Usenet and I always have something in the body of my post that shows what I'm replying to, no matter my position in the thread.

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Aug 28 2005, 06:32 PM
Post #6

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

Oh gods no, sorry if I gave that impression. It just puzzled me slightly that you quoted most of it, I noticed you'd done the first paragraph after posting, when you were the second post of the thread is all. :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:57 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.