Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Setting Info - Houston
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
icharbezol
I'm going to be starting a new SR game soon, and I was considering locating the game in a different place than Seattle/Tokyo/Hong Kong for a change. Looking through the stuff I have, I am not finding much on Houston. Would anybody be kind enough to point out anything I've missed, please?

I am familiar enough with the city itself in real life (wife's family is from there), just wondering if there's something in the "near future" of Shadowrun that changes any landscape or details that I am missing somewhere.
KosherPickle
QUOTE (icharbezol)
I'm going to be starting a new SR game soon, and I was considering locating the game in a different place than Seattle/Tokyo/Hong Kong for a change. Looking through the stuff I have, I am not finding much on Houston. Would anybody be kind enough to point out anything I've missed, please?

Of interest to you might be the fact that the AresSpace division of Ares Macrotechnology has their HQ in Houston.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Shadowrun Timeline)
2009 - In the U.S.A., NASA and United Oil Industries complete a high-speed rail link between Houston, Oklahoma City, and Dallas/Forth Worth. This above-ground train, built as a prototype for use in a proposed lunar colony, is propelled by a frictionless cushion of magnetic repulsion. It travels great distances at high speed. (Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America)

2017 - In the U.S.A., due to the increased nationwide chaos, Lone Star Security enjoys major growth and financial success. During the next three years Wilson hires huge amounts of personnel and opens branches in Lubbock San Antonio, Houston, Corpus Christi, and Texarkana. (Lone Star Sourcebook)

2035 - In Texas, CAS, Corpus Christi cancels its contract with Lone Star Security due to its policies of sexism and racism. They replace the corporation with a subsidiary of Houston Police Corporation. (Lone Star Sourcebook)

Hey Pickle, just curious, but why did you quote the whole post over again when you were the first person replying?
Supercilious
I do the same, it makes it easier to read, if only just a little.
KosherPickle
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
Hey Pickle, just curious, but why did you quote the whole post over again when you were the first person replying?

Force of habit. And I didn't quote the entire post, just the first short paragraph.

It doesn't bother you overly much, does it? I'm used to posting on Usenet and I always have something in the body of my post that shows what I'm replying to, no matter my position in the thread.
FlakJacket
Oh gods no, sorry if I gave that impression. It just puzzled me slightly that you quoted most of it, I noticed you'd done the first paragraph after posting, when you were the second post of the thread is all. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012