Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Combat Paralysis and Addiction, Need clarification
JesterX
post Sep 7 2005, 07:30 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,390

Does combat paralysis negative quality apply when rigging some drones? What if I'm only issuing actions to them in AR mode?

Does it apply to cybercombats?

--

It also seems to me that a character suffering Matrix Addiction: Moderate isn't much affected on his every day tasks... Am I wrong? I mean.. only 1 time a day... that doesn't seem it should give the full +10 BP for that isn't?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mr. Unpronouncea...
post Sep 7 2005, 07:44 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 770

I'd have to say, re: combat paralysis:

Yes (in a combat situation), yes (in a combat situation), and yes.

As for the addiction rules...it should be the GM's call as to when you get the cravings...I'd hate to have a fellow runner suddenly pull out his 'miracle shooter' game while we're sneaking past security.

+Quote Post
Kesh
post Sep 7 2005, 08:02 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,958

Yeah. Keep in mind that addiction's one of those things that's up to the player and GM to talk about before gaming.

Personally, I'd say AR doesn't cut it for Matrix addiction. The PC has to go full-immersive at least once a day, for X amount of time per day. Which can be difficult if, say, you end up on a mission that involves spending a lot of time "on the job," like guarding someone or acting as a courier. Even worse if it's something like a critter hunt out in the wilderness... African safari, anyone?

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Sep 7 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #4

Chicago Survivor

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,033

Note that the "everyday" vices don't count according to the text. I'd say Matrix addiction no longer counts for BP, as almost everyone is wired up.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:03 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.