IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First printing and Errata, Will it be corrected?
JesterX
post Sep 8 2005, 03:59 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,390

Will the first printing of the SR 4th ed. BBB will contain the corrections to the things found so far? Will it be corrected in the book itself or will it only be some kind of errata at the end?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smed
post Sep 8 2005, 04:27 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 241

I would imagine it will be similar to the content in the first version of the PDF. My guess is you won't see fixed hard copy books until the first printing run is complete and has been sold. I hope I'm wrong. I plan on buying the book when it arrives at my local gaming store and it irritates me to buy something knowing that it has errors in it.

+Quote Post
JesterX
post Sep 8 2005, 04:51 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Yeah, me too. That's why I asked the question. If there was only a couple sentences that were wrong in the PDF I wouldn't say... but ... As it seems, there is now 6 pages in the Errata sticky topic...

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 8 2005, 05:00 PM
Post #4

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

The is one page of errata that is posted on the www.shadowrunrpg.com site are the corrections to the first printing (sold at GenCon) and they are what got corrected in the first PDF.

The second PDF then corrected a few other minor errors. I don't know if there is a list of those anywhere.

But all together that addresses most of that 6 page thread, at least the first 4+ pages.

+Quote Post
JesterX
post Sep 8 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (blakkie)
The is one page of errata that is posted on the www.shadowrunrpg.com site are the corrections to the first printing (sold at GenCon) and they are what got corrected in the first PDF.

The second PDF then corrected a few other minor errors. I don't know if there is a list of those anywhere.

But all together that addresses most of that 6 page thread, at least the first 4+ pages.

Good to know... ^_^

+Quote Post
Autarkis
post Sep 8 2005, 05:22 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,566

QUOTE (JesterX)
Yeah, me too. That's why I asked the question. If there was only a couple sentences that were wrong in the PDF I wouldn't say... but ... As it seems, there is now 6 pages in the Errata sticky topic...

And not all of those items in the six pages are correct. There are actually a couple of redundant and perceived errara (which may or may not be needed.)

+Quote Post
Shadow
post Sep 8 2005, 05:30 PM
Post #7

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,006

QUOTE (JesterX)
Will the first printing of the SR 4th ed. BBB will contain the corrections to the things found so far? Will it be corrected in the book itself or will it only be some kind of errata at the end?

No.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Sep 8 2005, 08:25 PM
Post #8

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

QUOTE (JesterX)

The first print run is at the printer (or better: hopefully on it's way to the distributors) and done. It was back at GenCon already at the printer, so there's no chance that new found errors and erratas can be included in it.

If you want a corrected version, wait for the 2nd print run. Back in SR3 times the german 2nd printing had a lot of errors corrected and a way better index. Sometimes it pays to be patient. ;)

+Quote Post
Cochise
post Sep 8 2005, 08:33 PM
Post #9

Mr. Quote-function

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,376

QUOTE (Grinder)
Back in SR3 times the german 2nd printing had a lot of errors corrected and a way better index. Sometimes it pays to be patient.  ;)

Don't forget to add that the first print of SR3.01D included hundreds of errors that weren't in the original version in the first place ;) Starting with bad translations to mixing up rows and columns and some errors that can't even be explained at all ...

And unlike the english version the german core rules of SR3 never saw an Errata after correcting those made in the initial translation, neither in later print versions (IIRC they made more than 11 print runs) nor as information on the german Fanpro Site (the Errata you get there is just those fixes that brought that wacky first print in line with the original and included some minor corrections ...) ...

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Sep 8 2005, 09:31 PM
Post #10

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

At least they tried...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:55 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.