IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SR3 to SR4 conversion, I thought they were going to post it?
Gondor
post Sep 9 2005, 05:31 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,171

I remember reading that they were going to post the conversion from SR3 to SR4 on the shadowrun website, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anybody know where I can find it? I am going to convert some old characters next weekend and would like to see the official rulings.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Sep 9 2005, 05:33 PM
Post #2

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

Rebuild the characters, spend karma, equip them as they should be, without worrying about money - thats about the only conversion possible.

+Quote Post
Shadow
post Sep 9 2005, 05:35 PM
Post #3

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,006

I think they were planning on doing that before it became blatantly obvious that it wasn't possible. It's like converting SR3 characters to D&D. Does not work.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 9 2005, 05:39 PM
Post #4

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

Hyzmarca's shot at it, roughly equivalent to my suggestions below. You might find his Attribute math easier:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=9698

Here is my version of the quick conversion. I haven't seen much to motivate redoing it:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...451#entry294704

Both these suggest liberal eyeballing, but it should get you close enough to start with to do that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:49 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.