IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> wacky cyberware ideas?, probably been done, but what the hay!
fourstring_samur...
post Sep 9 2005, 07:48 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,912

a friend and i were recently up late one night discussing cyberware.

i gm our game, and he was asking about the validity of a cyber grapple hand/lower arm that fires and is able to grasp things via a high tension cable.

we discussed it for a minute, and for some reason the idea of a guy with a grapple HEAD popped into my mind, which made us both crack up for like ten minutes.

after that, dave (my friend) asked about making a guy like mech-a-neck(sp) from he-man, with one of those telescoping necks and those goofy goggles, which issued another ten minute bout of laughter.

has anyone else had moments like these? share!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
6thDragon
post Sep 9 2005, 09:02 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,605

I don't know if I'd call it wachy, but I have an NPC that is a recurring adversary. He's probably more menacing. He's got an obvious cyberskull with horns mounted on it, dermal sheathing, two obvious kid stealth cyberlegs (armored up with hydraulic jacks, and a balance tail. Did I mention it's all tinted red. This freak is also an orc, not that you could tell by looking at him because he barely has an inch of skin left. His name is Satan and he also wields a dikote pitchfork. :evil:

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Sep 9 2005, 10:46 PM
Post #3

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

It is doable, but rather difficult. It would certainly not be essence-friendly.

First, cybersurgeons would have to extend the blood vessels in the neck using bioware or synthetic tubing. If they don't do this the person would bleed to death the first time the extended his neck. Depending on how long the extension is and this person's normal bloodpressure, they may have to install a miniature cyberheart in the neck to pump blood the extra distance.
Second, there is the airway to deal with. It can be extended using a telescopic tube or it can be left as is and the doctors could give the subject a permenant tracheostomy. If the former is done the surgeons would have the strengthen the subject's diaphram with cyber or bio muscle augmentation or a mechanical air pump, depending on the length of the extension. The latter presents its own problems.
Third is the esophagus. It can be extended or left as is. If it is extended, the character would be able to drink with the neck extended but would not be able to eat because the telescoping extension would be incapable of peristalsis. If it is not extended, the subject would be unable to eat or drink with the neck extended. More importantly, if the esophagus isn't extended and the person vomits while the neck is extended, the vomit would exit into the neck cavity, requiring maintance surgery to clean the mechanism. With the extension, the subject would only be able to partially vomit and would risk choking as the vomit is stuck in the esophagus. Nausea gas is not Mech-a-neck's friend.
Fourth, and most importantly, is the spinal cord. A coiled bioware extension may be possible. A cyberware extension may also be possible. However, the character may me forced to get skill wires or a VCR and a snake eyes system, depending on what methods are used to transmit data through the cyberneck.

+Quote Post
Dingus_McGee
post Sep 10 2005, 12:20 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 1,511

I foget which piece of cyber/bioware it is, but you can get fluids re-routed and someone on the boards a few years back came up with the idea of the Wrist-Pisser. Or if you want to parody Scary Movie 3, Finger-Pisser.

+Quote Post
northern lights
post Sep 10 2005, 01:15 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,929

hey, now you've spoiled it. i know satan is an orc now. no suspense when i get to meet him again...

i've been wondering about the telescoping arm thing from the commando in doom3, that would be some interesting bioware.

and i'm still waiting for the idiot out there to decide he wants the penis revolver out of from dusk till dawn.

+Quote Post
nick012000
post Sep 11 2005, 03:11 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 7,398

A cybernetic kitchen sink.

For the street sam who has everything else.

+Quote Post
Nyxll
post Sep 11 2005, 03:41 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,455

Limbs that have hydraulic jacks, that are used for making you taller and shorter instead of absorbing shock.

Hands with cybereyes embedded into them.

+Quote Post
Dog
post Sep 13 2005, 01:10 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,025

I remember one:

Character was a face. As such, his hair was a big deal. Had to look good all the time. Hence: Cyber-hair. Select one of your six pre-prgrammed 'dos and don't mind the wind, it's self-correcting!

But....

This guy's hair went on the blink, (stupid cyber-damage rules!). Somehow got cross-linked with his wired reflexes. You guessed it. Every time the 'flexes kicked in, the hair went straight up like one of those old troll dolls.

I always wished the guy had cybereyes too, so that they'd bug out.....

Or how about fingertip cyber-utensils? Or "Waterworks ™" cybereyes, for the in-laws' funeral? Internal mulch tank for the hard-core environmentalists? Cyber-butts that conform to make any seat comfortable! Maybe you need the "Zone-Alarm ™" version of dermal sheathing for your rebellious teenage daughter. You can link it to a simple sound alarm or a taser apparatus.

+Quote Post
The Grifter
post Sep 13 2005, 01:18 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,918

With the grapple head...would the head loop around the object, like say, a tree limb?

Or would the head's mouth open to bite whatever it was being fired at?

+Quote Post
Trax
post Sep 13 2005, 01:22 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,924

I'd hate to see the dental bill for that one.

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Sep 13 2005, 01:37 AM
Post #11

Chicago Survivor

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,033

Had PC playing an ork decker with a chip-jack in his nostril. Would "snort" his data chips.

+Quote Post
Nyxll
post Sep 13 2005, 03:24 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,455

a mutable cyber face.... you can program the features you want and little pockets of fluid inflate under the cerface the distort the face.

less essence if you use a cyberskull??

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Sep 13 2005, 03:46 AM
Post #13

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

Nipple lasers.

+Quote Post
Clyde
post Sep 13 2005, 04:53 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,237

Shark shamans with lasers attached to their heads.

+Quote Post
Shanshu Freeman
post Sep 13 2005, 07:10 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,110

Ill tempered mutated seabass shamans with lasers attached to their heads.

+Quote Post
hahnsoo
post Sep 13 2005, 07:15 AM
Post #16

Mr. Johnson

Member No.: 7,014

A monstrosity rolled up by our group:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=6970

+Quote Post
Adarael
post Sep 13 2005, 11:08 AM
Post #17

Deus Absconditus

Member No.: 5,566

One of my favorites, that I STILL want, requires this.

Cyberskull, cybertorso, 2 implanted monowires.

Then you develop some way to have the skull mount to the torso with a 360 degree rotatable neck, and implant the monowhips in the head, using the ears as counterweights. Ergo, the ears drop out, the head spins, and you have the world's most unstoppable weedwhacker! IN YOUR HEAD!

This grew out of a discussion about how utterly worthless the oral whip and oral baton cyber implants are.

+Quote Post
Birdy
post Sep 13 2005, 12:21 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,528

QUOTE (hyzmarca)
It is doable, but rather difficult. It would certainly not be essence-friendly.

First, cybersurgeons would have to extend the blood vessels in the neck using bioware or synthetic tubing. If they don't do this the person would bleed to death the first time the extended his neck. Depending on how long the extension is and this person's normal bloodpressure, they may have to install a miniature cyberheart in the neck to pump blood the extra distance.
Second, there is the airway to deal with. It can be extended using a telescopic tube or it can be left as is and the doctors could give the subject a permenant tracheostomy. If the former is done the surgeons would have the strengthen the subject's diaphram with cyber or bio muscle augmentation or a mechanical air pump, depending on the length of the extension. The latter presents its own problems.
Third is the esophagus. It can be extended or left as is. If it is extended, the character would be able to drink with the neck extended but would not be able to eat because the telescoping extension would be incapable of peristalsis. If it is not extended, the subject would be unable to eat or drink with the neck extended. More importantly, if the esophagus isn't extended and the person vomits while the neck is extended, the vomit would exit into the neck cavity, requiring maintance surgery to clean the mechanism. With the extension, the subject would only be able to partially vomit and would risk choking as the vomit is stuck in the esophagus. Nausea gas is not Mech-a-neck's friend.
Fourth, and most importantly, is the spinal cord. A coiled bioware extension may be possible. A cyberware extension may also be possible. However, the character may me forced to get skill wires or a VCR and a snake eyes system, depending on what methods are used to transmit data through the cyberneck.

Or you could go the "fake" version. We have rules for additional cybereyes. Build a fake shoulder (pays as an arm) and have it include the brain. Then add a cyberskull that has no function for feeding etc and no blood vessels. Either have the original face behind a flap (similar to the disney figures) or just a mouth there.

I agree with the essence cost but the technology should be simple.

Birdy

+Quote Post
The Grifter
post Sep 13 2005, 06:09 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,918

One of my favorites, that I STILL want, requires this.

Cyberskull, cybertorso, 2 implanted monowires.

Then you develop some way to have the skull mount to the torso with a 360 degree rotatable neck, and implant the monowhips in the head, using the ears as counterweights. Ergo, the ears drop out, the head spins, and you have the world's most unstoppable weedwhacker! IN YOUR HEAD!

Utterly fragging genius. Mind if I borrow this one?

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Sep 14 2005, 11:30 AM
Post #20

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

we had one character that was (well, still is ) a troll pirate. He had the peg leg, hook hand , and an eye patch. He was also magically active, so we were going to make his hook hand into a weapon foci. But he had a serious hard on for rail guns. Closest he ever got was an Ares Fire lance. But we kept trying to convince him to get a eye laset . The troll's name was O'toole ( I htink he was a fomori acutally) though, so it got called the O'toole laser. Which of course changed what part of his anatomy we wanted to replace with a laser.

He decided that wasn't very flattering though . He wanted something bigger, like a railgun. But it wouldn't fit down his pants.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:01 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.